Engine Install - Milestone on Build

AristonSpeedShop

Reaction score
My 3.0cs project get put away sometime to work on customer cars, but got some space/time to get engine and 5sp installed. Tight fit with trans installed on block, but got it in. Quick test fit on headers. Coated headers with Cerakote Ceramic finish, good to 1800degrees.
20230421_140915.jpg

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree! The valve cover looks great. I’m not sure I’ve seen one quite like that.

Ed Z

stphers

Reaction score
Cerakote is great Just sprayed a bunch of Jag suspension parts for a buddy of mine. Did all of the aluminum pieces in a titanium gray on a 2002 tii engine that I am building right now and today, spraying a titanium blue on a set of 2002 headers with individual pipes. If I have time today, also spraying 3 steering wheels with a satin black on the spokes All is air cured except for the satin black, has to be cooked at 120F for a couple of hours This stuff is incredibly hard and goes on really nice.

Also doing a 3.0 CS for a customer where I had all the thermo housing stuff, intake manifolds, valve cover and carbs all vapor blasted and then cleared everything ( except carbs-webers ) with a Cereakote high gloss clear everything really pops because the vapor blasting really shines the aluminum up and the high glass clear really makes it come alive and will be easy to clean up

Thanks, Rick

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Cerakote is great Just sprayed a bunch of Jag suspension parts for a buddy of mine. Did all of the aluminum pieces in a titanium gray on a 2002 tii engine that I am building right now and today, spraying a titanium blue on a set of 2002 headers with individual pipes. If I have time today, also spraying 3 steering wheels with a satin black on the spokes All is air cured except for the satin black, has to be cooked at 120F for a couple of hours This stuff is incredibly hard and goes on really nice.

Also doing a 3.0 CS for a customer where I had all the thermo housing stuff, intake manifolds, valve cover and carbs all vapor blasted and then cleared everything ( except carbs-webers ) with a Cereakote high gloss clear everything really pops because the vapor blasting really shines the aluminum up and the high glass clear really makes it come alive and will be easy to clean up

Thanks, Rick
I love the matte clear ceramic after vapor honing as it returns the parts an OEM look, the shine was a bit too much for me.