Granatrot

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is going to be an interesting auction. i know it will be a well presented car. surely some little things ahead, but the majority of all the important things appear to be in perfect order. one of the most desirable colors, my favorite wheels, great interior. one of the few '74s with the rear wheel arch covers in great shape over the bumper braces.

i think this car needs some pink Beru plugs in it ... just to work with the granatrot. surely that will get noticed by the cognoscenti of BaT - right?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this is going to be an interesting auction. i know it will be a well presented car. surely some little things ahead, but the majority of all the important things appear to be in perfect order. one of the most desirable colors, my favorite wheels, great interior. one of the few '74s with the rear wheel arch covers in great shape over the bumper braces.

i think this car needs some pink Beru plugs in it ... just to work with the granatrot. surely that will get noticed by the cognoscenti of BaT - right?
I need pink Berus for my Chamonix coupe!

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is a 74 3.0CS that I will be representing on BaT in the next two months or so. Doug Park shot the photos which were submitted and I have prepared the description. I have to admit that even though it is not mine I am a bit nervous as we know how brutal and ignorant the commenters can be. I will let the Forum know when it goes live so all of you can chime in!

View attachment 135308
what a nice Malaga color it is one of the nicest BMW color.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It is not Malaga, did you not see the title of this thread? Wheels are staggered BBS 7” and 8” 16” wheels.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Everything has been accepted and approved, listing might go live within 48 hours. We specified no weekend listing.
I've wondered about the pros and cons of a weekend listing close.

One theory is that people are more likely to be home on the weekend and/or have the flexibility to be in a position to bid. With BaT you can't place a "proxy" bid. You have to be at your computer or phone at the time the suction is closing....and "closing" can take an hour or more due to BaTs rule that the clock resets to 2 minutes remaining any time a bid is made after the scheduled close. Being in a meeting, on a conference call, lunch with a client, out of cell range, etc. can limit the bidders.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think folks doing the work from home thing (as I am doing these days) allows a certain amount of multitasking of personal activities during that time. If I am sitting at my desk doing 'work stuff' - I may be able to have a second computer open monitoring my personal email or BaT or... whatever. Working in that manner makes it easy to do that during this time.
Weekends may allow more personal time - but that is also when folks are out and about and... not tied to a phone or computer or such. Weekday auctions (I think) would have a more reliable audience and are thus able to receive more visibility than those on weekends. And with that visibility, I think, comes higher interest in the auction and bid values and so on....

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think folks doing the work from home thing (as I am doing these days) allows a certain amount of multitasking of personal activities during that time. If I am sitting at my desk doing 'work stuff' - I may be able to have a second computer open monitoring my personal email or BaT or... whatever. Working in that manner makes it easy to do that during this time.
Weekends may allow more personal time - but that is also when folks are out and about and... not tied to a phone or computer or such. Weekday auctions (I think) would have a more reliable audience and are thus able to receive more visibility than those on weekends. And with that visibility, I think, comes higher interest in the auction and bid values and so on....

Totally agree!

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The eBay geeks will say the best results are auctions that end Sunday evening. When I sold guitars I always made mine end at 10pm Eastern. I've found great deals on stuff that ended weekday mornings because fewer people are around then to bid.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The eBay geeks will say the best results are auctions that end Sunday evening. When I sold guitars I always made mine end at 10pm Eastern. I've found great deals on stuff that ended weekday mornings because fewer people are around then to bid.
I did the same when I sold cars on eBay. I had them end at 6PM Sunday Pacific time. I probably learned that from the same eBay Geeks. ;)

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
In discussions with BaT, their data showed Wed and Thursdays yielded the highest closing % but that was a while ago before they started pumping so many cars through the system...

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Took them 5 weeks to list my 2002.

Seems like record time if they list this e9 in the next few days