Hello from Cambridgeshire guys

JhwShark

Reaction score
Is the process ever over... IMO of course not, as the process is the fun of it...
as you so aptly put it Stefano...?

Here's to Wayfarer's and the women that wish to wear yours!
Rebecca De Mornay, in her younger days in 'Risky Business'...
and below in her even earlier b&w High School yearbook picture...

Ray-Ban-Wayfarer-Tom-Cruise-big.jpg

Off that infamous train ride (with Tom Cruise in 'Risky Business') and back to CSi reality....

Cheers and a hearty welcome, mate!

Unfortunately, The car she is on is not an e9 but a Porsche 928 (the SHARK). Though, I am sure she would look great on either!! Some train ride...I'd like to see her in either, no both; I can accomodate...

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, The car she is on is not an e9 but a Porsche 928 (the SHARK). Though, I am sure she would look great on either!! Some train ride...I'd like to see her in either, no both; I can accomodate...
But Tom IS wearing Wayfarers... I don't recall...what was his dad's car a Porsche in the movie that went in the drink?... seemingly unimportant details I don't happen to recall ...

As a film editor I often sit through hours of boring footage but that scene on the train (aside from the sensual nature of it) is/was sheer genius with respect to how it was shot 'filmically' ...as if you recall the lighting was mostly of a natural source, neon etc. being reflected in the train car's windows and creating 'space' as well as reflecting the intimacy of the moment...all with the gorgeous overtones of her sultry power over Tom the 'man' himself and the sounds of the train just about (but not quite) washing out what was being shared and said...and done with each other...Thus, any man would have easily crumbled, and many over the years did just that!

IMO he hasn't been in a better movie since (unless one can count "Magnolia" which was also quite unique in it's own way)...certainly not the 3 'Impossibles'....? Must be his later fascination with Scientology...

:mrgreen:

Last edited:

JhwShark

Reaction score
But Tom IS wearing Wayfarers... I don't recall...what was his dad's car a Porsche in the movie that went in the drink?... seemingly unimportant details I don't happen to recall ...

:mrgreen:
Didn't he use a double in that scene??
Wayfarers on his head...but his mind went WAY'far away...

The car that took a drink is a Porsche 928...a very important detail, to some! A production GT, front engine 16v or 32v 4.5-5.2l V8 90*engine with aluminium engine and body parts like a CSL, probably the best weight balanced ride of the time. It is the predecessor to the Panamera two door out in two years; the four door is interesting also.

The e9 and 928 have both been refered to as the SHARK, I like them both, own them both, and enjoy the ride of both.
Jon

bengal taiga

Reaction score
Really quite taken aback by the welcome you guys out there have given me.

Oh, and Ray Ban Wayfarers, because deep down, and I know it's sad, I'm just an old tart and love to pose. At this point, I don't think I should mention the perforated leather driving gloves...DOH

You have a beauty on your hands and the complements are well deserved.

When you drive or sit in a car as nice as the "Red Baron," certain eccentricities are not only allowed, they are expected. What about the ascot?

stefano csl

Reaction score
When you drive or sit in a car as nice as the "Red Baron," certain eccentricities are not only allowed, they are expected. What about the ascot?[/QUOTE]

Help me here, what's the "ascot"?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Stefano that is without doubt the nicest UK CSL I've ever seen! Make sure you keep it safely locked up to protect it from the weather AND the Pikeys!