I bought a 73 3.0s parts car

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My 74 e3 rescue is progressing Auto to manual done! So I just bought a 73 3.0s parts car. Same Polaris over blue but leather not vinyl. No engine or trans but otherwise complete. I pick it up next Saturday. Bought it from pictures only. Some rust in floors but Lots of usable parts.
Would live to swap the power window doors to my 74. Not to mention the bumpers.

Maybe it will be to solid to part out. That will be a nice problem to have.

More details next week

John

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Seller tells me the is some rust in the drivers floor. The pictures he sent didn't look bad. He had other interested parties so I went for it. If the rest of the car is solid I will put it back on the road. I just happen to have an M30 in my garage that I picked up years ago for my e9 but ended up never using.
I pick-up the car next Saturday. Details to follow.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I brought the 3.0s home today. It's got more rust than I'm willing to deal with. Floors, one frame rail, both fenders, top of firewall. Too bad, it's was pretty untouched. Still has the spacers on the top of the front struts. So I will be parting it out. Lots of good usable parts.
From what I found in the glove box. Cars was purchased new in NYC. Scored original Becker manuals as well. Gran Prix radio and hirshmann antenna will go into my coupe.
90% of tools including a red screw driver. I will start taking things off once the weather warms a bit. I'll keep the forum posted if anyone has interest parts.

Most annoying part was I pulled a calf muscle pushing the beast onto the trailer. I've been limping around all day.
8de65714569d6a9d152f095afba57817.jpg
4e314b7868f3c80f9f9fa73d687e002c.jpg
b5e4bbcec905230881f053c78337a720.jpg
9ea3811cf0fa3edb7fa6f3b2e3e107c2.jpg
c43404ef0c46eaba95fa3ceceb0d439f.jpg
0947c17607b40178eeca0ab478611e4f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ahab

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow, it's become an E3 lightweight! That's a shame however I agree. You'll eclipse the value of the car fixing one corner alone. Still a good score however. Should the dash come available in the course of the part out, color me interested.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Dash, glovebox, fuse panel cover, A/C side panels all very valuable if uncracked/damaged. Does it have good rear wheel covers in the trunk?...those are impossible to find in one piece. Also, the cowl vent drains are unobtainium. Hopefully selling those parts if you dont need them will help recover some if not all of your purchase price. Nice.

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
I like those wheels..if they happen to find themselves for sale....:)
Is the Kidney bean in good shape? I'd love a good one of those, too....
All of us vultures circling a wounded E3....LOL