I've gone au naturel

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My radiator overflow tank developed a small leak between the top and bottom halves so I brought it to the rad shop and had them bead blast it, separate and resolder the halves back together, and re-weld the mounting brackets for the sum of $50. It seemed criminal to repaint the brass so I wet sanded with 1000 and 2000 grit then polished it some with Flitz followed by Collinite metal wax. I did paint the brackets to keep them from rusting. Should develop into a nice rich patina over time. I know it's not factory, but damn it sure is purty.

IMG_0339.JPG

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice, like the look.

Was at a Hotrod show last week, there was a finished car (an old ford coupe or something) all done in clear coated steel, very impressive, all had beaten and filed, looked awesome

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
looks great Steve. i might have to do that as well with my leaky reservoir. if i can find a radiator shop around me. guess looking would help

something else to add to my must do list ... would look great with the black engine compartment

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks great and you can go stock anytime with a small can of paint. I might do the same.
Steve

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob,

just think what that will look like next to your webers and your new stahl header in satin gray.

s