Just purchased the two insert lights to my 1973 e9 rear bumper - several questions

Roman596061

Reaction score
1. What's the proper way for the triangle on the plastic to face?

2. I see that I can run positive and negative connects through a small hole below the left bottom of the license plate.

I presume I can ground to many places but where should I connect the positive connections?

Thanks

Richard

Attachments

• e9 Bumper Lights.jpg
    e9 Bumper Lights.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 47

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Positive has to be the one not touching the bumper, the other one touches the bumper with the mounting screw. Just the way you see it is how it should look facing the license plate.

m_thompson

Reaction score
Lots of 73s have the 2002 like lights next to the license plate and filler plates in the bumper. Mine and several others I have seen have the 2002 lights next to the license plate, and unwired lights in the bumper. Do you actually have wires going to the lights in the bumper?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All US 73 had the license lights moved from bumper to tail panel. Stan sells the chrome blanks for the unique 73 bumper. In the past owners added lights to the bumper as blanks were NLA. Some restorations delete the tail panel lights and revert to the bumper, especially if converted a 74 to chrome bumpers or desiring the euro look.