Leaking steering box

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a source for seals for a E9 steering box? The box works fine but it has a slow leak.

Stefan

Reaction score
Hi Frank!
I guess you mean the power steering box? Some years ago I got "1 satz" from the local dealer (32 13 1 106 752)
This kit is/was only a lot of O-rings as I remember.
My leak was in the intermediate section were there was a lot of O-rings :)
I figure you could get the O-rings (if they by chance are in standard size) at any local rubber dealer.
Getting the power steering unit apart and together again is some kind of a tricky thing. Mostly the part putting it together again ;)
I remember I was active in a thread at E3 forum (?) about this. But whatever logical word I put in this forums search engine, I can't find it. Weird...

//Stefan

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Frank!
I guess you mean the power steering box? Some years ago I got "1 satz" from the local dealer (32 13 1 106 752)
This kit is/was only a lot of O-rings as I remember.
My leak was in the intermediate section were there was a lot of O-rings :)
I figure you could get the O-rings (if they by chance are in standard size) at any local rubber dealer.
Getting the power steering unit apart and together again is some kind of a tricky thing. Mostly the part putting it together again ;)
I remember I was active in a thread at E3 forum (?) about this. But whatever logical word I put in this forums search engine, I can't find it. Weird...

//Stefan
Thanks. That kit is NLA. I did however find a guy who will replace the seals. He has done this before. It seems this unit is used in other BMW, early 5 series I am told. I will send him mine when the car goes into storage for the winter.