Little & Large

E3_UK

Reaction score
I don't consider the E3 a huge barge, but parked next to my Cooper it certainly is a different scale altogether. Probably a similar difference now between the huge ugly BMW truck mini and the original. Original is definitely the best !

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice photo! have owned 3 original Minis. First was a 1961 Countryman, where I really began to appreciate wood work! Next a 1964 Saloon..in boxes. Finally a 1967 Cooper. Wish I still had that! Amazing driving experience, and I loved those sliding windows :).

E3_UK

Reaction score
This is a Mk2 '69, already 10 years in production, given a minor facelift by BMC and with hydrolastic suspension. I think that by the time the E3 was on the road in '73 the Cooper, with 4 Scottish winters under its belt would have already been well on the way to terminal decay but it soldiered on with much bodgery until i found it in '89. Both are Scottish cars (E3 was sourced in England by its 1st owner) but the E3 survived in better condition, presumably due to it's more limited use. Still needed new front wings and bonnet in the mid eighties due to rust though. Nothing escapes the Scottish salted roads I'm afraid.