Looking for Alpina e9 front airdam that fits

guanshee

Reaction score
I had purchased an Alpina e9 airdam from coupe king but it doesn't fit properly on my 1973 e9. I was told by the body shop that it couldn't be bolted on and would require work to make it fit as a permanently fixed unit.

Do let me know if anyone can help.

JamesE30

Reaction score
Good luck. I have an original alpina front airdam I bought new in Germany and the fitment is also rubbish.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One on the shelf….from Alberto.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.8 KB · Views: 82

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
@guanshee - Not sure if you will find one that just bolts on. They all seem to need some massaging to get them right. If you aren't handy, you might have to pay a body shop to do it for you. It took me hours and hours of trimming, mounting, trimming, mounting, trimming and mounting to get my e24 style air dam right, then I had to pay a body shop to paint it.

guanshee

Reaction score
@guanshee - Not sure if you will find one that just bolts on. They all seem to need some massaging to get them right. If you aren't handy, you might have to pay a body shop to do it for you. It took me hours and hours of trimming, mounting, trimming, mounting, trimming and mounting to get my e24 style air dam right, then I had to pay a body shop to paint it.
Thanks for the info. I do have the airdam with a body shop but they have recommended modifying it as a permanent piece and not a bolt on which is not what I want. So for now I'm holding off putting it on until I have a better solution.

aguirola

Reaction score

Not mine Vince. 100% perfect fit or double your money back!
Clearly, mine are not Alpina variants.
All that have bought on from us, not 1 had issues :)

Love well made stuff, the only way.
I had many experiences with latrine quality stuff, that we have corrected, remade , moulded, and BINGO!

Kind regards,
Alberto

guanshee

Reaction score

I had many experiences with latrine quality stuff, that we have corrected, remade , moulded, and BINGO!

Kind regards,
Alberto

guanshee

Reaction score

Kind regards,
Alberto
Alberto send pics and how much as I need one?

aguirola

Reaction score
Vince, @sfdon has one in Albany.
I seriously doubt I will have a replacement one in the Bay Area for quite a time...
Seize the moment, call him and he will give you his honest opinion.

Regards,
Alberto

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg