My God this a Good Tool!

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
What have you bought tool wise that really impresses you from a money spent/benefit point of view? I bought this 16ft Endoscope/Colonoscopy camera on Amazon a few weeks ago for about $50 Usd. It takes photos, it takes video on it's included 32 GB SD card, it has a front facing and side facing camera (important feature if going down a cylinder, as a front only view is limiting) it seems very sharp on the monitor. You can adjust light levels and switch to Black and White. It is waterproof to IP 67, whatever that means. It will do a split screen with both cameras as well.
The Depstech DS300. On the Box is says "All for your Joy"

The E9 was made for this, or maybe you don't want to look too deep inside!

shot of the liner in my fuel tank.

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpeg
    IMG_1881.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks clean. Did you see any mesh filters that had fallen off the bottom of your sender unit?

day66

Reaction score
In terms of a financial payback, it must be the MIG welder, it’s paid for itself hundreds of times over!

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I love these belt sanders; "Black and Decker Powerfile" as they are called. ideal for grinding away weld blobs, but also rusted stuck nuts etc.

Here's a link for that product for those of us on this side of the pond.

Here it is in plain text.
" https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER-Decker-Ka900E-Sanders/dp/B000XG3ORW/ref=sr_1_1 "

I have this one from Eastwood.com. It's smaller and thus can fit in tight spaces a bit better, but I'll bet it has less power than the B&D.

FYI, if you just copy the stuff on the left side of the ? in the URL then you leave out the data that's linked to your particular search.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
In terms of a financial payback, it must be the MIG welder, it’s paid for itself hundreds of times over!
I learned on an Oxy/Acetylene rig and used that for years repairing VW beetles. But I had to leave my big tanks behind when I moved across the country.
I tried a MIG welder but didn't use it enough to really get the hang of it though the power for thicker metal was nice.
I sold it and switched to a TIG welder and felt right at home. The torch motions and handling of the filler rod felt very natural after years of gas welding. The ability to crank up the power with a press of a toe is wonderful.

I finally got big tanks for my Oxy/Acetylene torch which is great for heating and bending steel, so now I can handle anything I come across. The cost of big tanks has really gone up since I had mine but I was able to find some at estate sales after some looking. The oxygen tank was old and looked really bad with beat-up paint and surface rust around the base, but I took a gamble and paid the $25. I had it hydro-tested and it not only passed but got a higher pressure rating and a longer recertification date as well. Score!

Last edited:

day66

Reaction score
I had to let my gas welding gear go when I downsized, which was a shame as it is still a really satisfying way of welding. I'd like to have a proper go with a TIG set but I cannot really justify it now for the amount I'm likely to do, and my eyesight isn't what it was so that doesn't help!

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My most used tool is my Fluke multimeter. I suffered with low quality meters for years and regret not buying a Fluke earlier.

Bang for the buck has to be AutoCAD's Fusion 360. It is free for hobbyists and an absolute game changer. I can design anything and either print it myself or have it cut/bent/milled, or even printed in tool steel. Learning CAD was the best investment I've made in myself for years.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love these belt sanders; "Black and Decker Powerfile" as they are called. ideal for grinding away weld blobs, but also rusted stuck nuts etc.

I bought this Dynabrade one a few years ago to help take apart my Corvair’s spot welds. Ended up selling the car. Got this on Ebay for a deal. Incredibly powerful and amazing what it will do when it is your only option.

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpeg
    IMG_1885.jpeg
    495.6 KB · Views: 50

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My most used tool is my Fluke multimeter. I suffered with low quality meters for years and regret not buying a Fluke earlier.

Bang for the buck has to be AutoCAD's Fusion 360. It is free for hobbyists and an absolute game changer. I can design anything and either print it myself or have it cut/bent/milled, or even printed in tool steel. Learning CAD was the best investment I've made in myself for years.
That sounds great. How much time did it take before you got the hang of that CAD program? Was it intuitive more or less?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought a similar one when I was trying to trouble shoot the sunroof in my old e24 euro. Finally figured it out but ultimately didn't need the scope. It did come in handy when my wife dropped one of her diamond earrings down the bathroom sink. I found it in seconds and didn't have to take the whole drain out to get it. She was very happy and told me to go buy more cool tools (I made up the last part :) ).

Last edited:

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would not say that parametric modeling is intuitive. You sketch in 2D and then extrude to 3D. Tons of features to learn. But lots of youTube videos and forums to help.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade this tool for a complete set of Snap-on sockets!

(Somewhat self-serving, I know!)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think this is something i need to buy ... i do like my Snap-on sockets however ... well done