My Inka Orange

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello All,
I start working on wiring, now it is the good time for wiring nothing on your way, check the picture.

any one will give me an idea what color of interior will be good with Inka Orange? I am going for black interior what you guys think.

Attachments

• 20230327_153510.jpg
    20230327_153510.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230327_153502.jpg
    20230327_153502.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230327_153505.jpg
    20230327_153505.jpg
    470.7 KB · Views: 60

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Black. For me the ox-blood would jarr my eyeballs as they are so unaccustomed to that unusual color. Have you looked at other ox-blood interiors? I assume you have.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
My vote is black also. I love the oxblood color idea and have thought about that color for my fjord. But, for your car it's too much. Like my mom told me when I was a kid, you can't wear a striped shirt with plaid pants.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are you keeping this car or going to sell it?
For now I will keep this car but don't know for how long, this car is very solid and very original, so far it is the best E9 I ever seen.
you are trying to say if I am going to keep do what ever you want, If you are going to sale it should be black, am I right?

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Black. For me the ox-blood would jarr my eyeballs as they are so unaccustomed to that unusual color. Have you looked at other ox-blood interiors? I assume you have.
no I didn't fined any E9 with that color

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My vote is black also. I love the oxblood color idea and have thought about that color for my fjord. But, for your car it's too much. Like my mom told me when I was a kid, you can't wear a striped shirt with plaid pants.
that was good one

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Vince has nailed it. Your Inka is the striped shirt, ox-blood the plaid pants. They Clash!!!!
have any one could fined a Inka Orange with interior other than black, I think I am the problem I do not like black color, like I don't have single shirt in black or pants in black, specially car interior in black makes it small at night time inside of car it is dark, and I am not big fan of BLACK color.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve is politely signaling that if you plan to sell the interior should be black...
yep, Oxblood is my favorite interior color, but not with orange.
For now I will keep this car but don't know for how long, this car is very solid and very original, so far it is the best E9 I ever seen.
you are trying to say if I am going to keep do what ever you want, If you are going to sale it should be black, am I right?
yes

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve is politely signaling that if you plan to sell the interior should be black...
I know, he is trying to help, as it is Inka Orange on E9 it is not a favorite color and interior anything but the black it is going to cut down the buyer, Inka Orange on 2002 is the best color but not on E9, but this car is very solid, the body man is a long time friend, he told me if I am keeping one of this car, should be this one it is very solid and never been in any accident, all the panels are original and no rust, when I buy this car it was seating in garage since 1990, owner didn't even had a pink sleep, took me about 2 mount till I could register, that's why I decide to keep this car.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yep, Oxblood is my favorite interior color, but not with orange.

yes
So far I order a big piece of leather on Oxblood to put that on the car to see how it is look like. let me ask you another question, the headliner is very good and solid no crack or ripped but it is very dry and over 30 years of dust that it will not come off, my upholstery guy told me t spray conditioner clean as much as you can then dye the leather with white color, since you can not fined same original pattern, what do you think?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So far I order a big piece of leather on Oxblood to put that on the car to see how it is look like. let me ask you another question, the headliner is very good and solid no crack or ripped but it is very dry and over 30 years of dust that it will not come off, my upholstery guy told me t spray conditioner clean as much as you can then dye the leather with white color, since you can not fined same original pattern, what do you think?
There are more qualified members like @HB Chris to comment on this, I’ve not had any experience in this area and I’m sure they’ll answer.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Biggest problem with headliners is usually the seams if they are old; they tend to dry-rot and split with pressure...that said, I have had some sucess with Mr. Clean magic eraser...
Just to throw a curveball...I would consider black leather outsides, with black and white hounds-tooth cloth for seat and in-back. Period correct with the Porsche guys; it says "one of a kind", without shouting. Just a thought...

Last edited: