My New Book "The Hack Mechanic Guide to European Automotive Electrical Systems"

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saw Rob at Larz Anderson German Car Day, June 19th and he signed my book as #1 book :) with an additional personalized inscription. Always good to see him.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is here!

Rob,
your book just arrived! Lots of colour photos and many commonly needed tests outlined and explained. May have to buy another Coupe to utilize all the info that is included. Thanks.
Mike

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
my book arrived yesterday. it is really awesome. it will definitely help. thanks for writing it Rob

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree with previous posters - this book is the BEST book regarding European automotive electrics and wiring I've ever had (of course it is the only one I have that is dedicated to that topic!). But - humor aside, it is REALLY great for putting all the info needed for DIY work on these cars. It arrived about a week ago, and has helped me solve one issue already.

I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Today (Friday 7/1) is the final day of the 35% discount

Wow, thanks everyone. FYI, today (Friday 7/1) is the last day of the 35% off discount -- $32.47 including ground shipping.

And, if you like the book, please consider posting a short review to Amazon.

FYI we're starting to shoot a series of videos to support the book. I have my E9 here at Bentley Publishers to be both the candidate car and the eye candy for the first.

--Rob

Attachments

• IMG_7591_resized.jpg
    IMG_7591_resized.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 92

shanon

Reaction score
I needed this book a few day ago and likely often when i had my TR6..... ;-)

Got to my lil bro's house late last night after a trying last couple days with a loss of acceleration approaching the Grapevine in my '90s DD from the land of the rising sun....

After deducing that there was no spark at plug, we traced it back to the dizzy via a series of checks with analog meters and test lites...between studying the vague haynes manual and some poorly shot youtube videos, we deduced that the timing belt gave out and was beyond our scope and time. Without a timing belt, the rotor wont rotate...ie no spark! Towed to a shop which deduced same and installed a new one.

So, long story (and drive!) short, i got to my brothers house late last nite to find a fresh copy of your book on his coffee table. (He's a 2002 guy, help build my brothers and my 'darkside' E9s , and is found yearly in pit lane teching a sports racer at the Historics. He and his wife are sprucing up a 62 Healey as i type this. Hence your books acquisition i bet, Lucas. ... ;-)

As this morns caffeine surges thru my typing after looking thru your new text late last nite, i can recommend it as a must have for any car guy's shelf. I administered a junior college solar training program a few years ago and had to source basic electrical training manuals to introduce basic electrical concepts and tools. So, i have seen a few electrical how to books...

I find your book outstanding. Clear pics and diagrams. It likely would have saved a great deal of time diagnosing my recent car drama even though the car is Japanese.

This book plus the laminated Prospero's E9 diagram will give any E9er confidence to tackle those electrical challenges.

Nice job!

dj_efk

Reaction score
I don't suppose there's an online delivery option to print out in word? I don't want to get hit by shipping and any duty!

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
dj_efk, no, at this time it's only the print edition. Try Amazon, though, or some of the sellers that they list under "available from other sellers."