and the rocker crushing that too

Yikes - it sure looks that way Alan!

3a5d030b643cec6ef38ae23ff332f37a.jpg

c5d4f4e4ed1a0bc2f6b80647a5a54295.jpg

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Interesting to see what this goes for.
Suspect a few rust gremlins lurking in the bodywork.
Also looks like it's had the odd bingle in the past as well.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My feeling is that the color, and the BaT platform is going to render a hammer price higher than what the car would collect in just about any other setting.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I much prefer cars with Patina and visible body issues versus a shiny recently painted car with extensive bubbling. I would be worried that each month you would receive a new bubbly surprise on your car. This strikes me as a drive as-is kind of car. A restoration would only open Pandora’s box. The only reason why you get bubbling like that is because it had terrible prep work during the last paint job. Even if they left the more serious issues under the car alone, they could have better addressed the surface rust on the panels.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Me and you both, I hate that some of my car was resprayed. I’d rather have visible rust on original paint than mismatched paint. :( as far as this car I’ve seen way worse restored. Bubbles patches bondo... there’s only one way to do it right. Yes hourly labor is something to be wary of. But a lot of these cars go overseas and then come back or are sold where the rust on this car would be trivial to some other countries. Not to mention the euro is quite strong right now. Also I believe a lot of auto body and restoration shops bid on cars like this. With restored CSIs being offered at 80k+ it puts a lot of meat on the bone when you’re paying guys $12/hr to work for you. Didn’t this car sell on eBay not too long ago? Or am I thinking of another? These cars (CSI’s) are hot and very desirable now. Collectors want them and stick their noses up to a CS. Will be a fantastic long term investment, a 3.0csi.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the drivers side inner fender top looks a little suspect and it has the sound insulation removed (although it exists on the passenger side). the drivers floor patch could have been done better, but both rockers appear to have a little issue lurking. and then there's the floor / firewall (in the pic with the slave cylinder) - very curious about the true condition of the firewall + A pillars

this is a fairly presented car ... they are honest about the visible conditions. its at 15k w/ 6 days to go. i wouldn't pay more than 24k for this, but i have a nice CS. my guess is this will get up to around 36k ... maybe 40k

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
what price do you think it will go for?
I don't think I have the crystal ball (or keep as robust a spreadsheet) as others on the board do. And I don't want to pick apart this car. I haven't seen it in person, and am far from an expert. But my spidey sense tells me that the leaking rust, bubbles, and other visual clues in the photos suggest that this car isn't "too spectacular". Rather, a resprayed, descent looking driver for now. As such, I would "want" it to be a low to mid $20's car. But my suspicion (fear?) is that the recent success of BaT for cars of this nature, combined with the color (side bar - I am one of only about 3 humans that do not refer to Fjord as my favorite color - my sincerest apologies to the rest of the population :eek:) may drive it up a handful of 5 digit slots.

Just for the sake of the online poll and my thrill of a sporting chance, I'll say $33k.

And just to clarify (so I don't end up more of an outcast) - regarding Fjord, I love good examples of all colors of cars, especially Andrew's :D. But as a young man I always seemed to end up with blue cars. So for me, my heart is pulled in a different direction.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Some ladies look better in makeup, or certainly low light. It seems like the easiest way to see the integrity and condition of the body/chassis, is to see the junction of the is the bottom edge of the rear quarter, and the same edge of the front fender, near the top of the rocker. When that edge looks uneven, like the icing on a cake, I become concerned. Its like the body guys said "what do we do now..?, and finished it with a palate knife..."Sometimes, I guess, the bubbles mean bad paint prep, but when we took mine down to bare metal, it was obvious that the bubbles had a more sinister provenance; more than one layer deep. Once you are at that point, that paint job just got a little more expensive. If I had to do it now, I couldn't afford it. And very few colors look good with bubbles. My BAT guess is $27.9...

restart

Reaction score
Oh my, Does this look right?
948E717C-5FEC-4868-BB16-6985A92510F9.png

Here below is Random from the web...
2C9AB50C-2E0A-482E-B341-90413FD74883.png

Right or wrong....If any BaT commenters even mention this I predict interesting comments.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have to agree with you ... never seen the uneven spacing, much less the rotated numbers. i wondered about that when i first looked at the pics.

(side bar - I am one of only about 3 humans that do not refer to Fjord as my favorite color - my sincerest apologies to the rest of the population :eek:)
And just to clarify (so I don't end up more of an outcast) - regarding Fjord, I love good examples of all colors of cars, especially Andrew's :D. But as a young man I always seemed to end up with blue cars. So for me, my heart is pulled in a different direction.

i totally agree with you, so i must be one of the other 2 ... and i will echo the, EXCEPT Andrew's because that is a gorgeous coupe ... and makes me question my beliefs.