New England "Cars n'Coffee"

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
hi Duane,
I thought about driving down for that one in April. But to make it down there at a reasonable time, I would have to leave my house around 5am. The one in Manchester is only 1.5 hours from my house.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Manchester sounds good to me.
About an hour from my house. Could be fun!

I went to C & C with HBChris in Irvine CA yesterday, only one coupe but about 400 other mostly very-nice cars there:
Gullwing MB (1 of the '58s and 2 of the new ones)
A few E30 M3s
We were in Chris's 2002
There were several very cool old Mercedes soft tops
A whole bunch of AC Cobra clones
And a high boy hot rod powered by a V12 Jaguar engine!
I could go on

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Update

update from the Porsche Club:

When: Sunday May 6th 2012. CHANGE DUE TO POSSIBLE RAIN ON Saturday. Arrive around 7:00-7:30AM and be gone by 9:00AM.

btw, I am planning on going -- it will give me a few hours away from my visiting mother in-law ;)

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, I woke up bright and early on Sunday to drive down to Manchester. All things considered, it was not a bad turnout. There were only two BMWs: my coupe and a Z3 M coupe. In addition to the herd of Porsches (mostly post 80's 911s, maybe 5 356s, including a very nice conv D, a 924S, a 914, etc) there was an Acura NSX, Datsun 240Z, and a Pantera (which was the closest thing to American muscle)... obviously no where near the attendance at even a bad day in Irvine.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If I can resolve my random engine stoppage...and weather permitting, I'll drive Athena down...if not...if Vern's cooling system is completed, I'll drive him instead.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm out :(

Taking the in-law over to Bar Harbor this weekend. Have fun in Brookline.

@Andrew, I have made plans to go to the Bastille Day German car fest in Saratoga. Hope to see you there.

Vbigdog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Weather is looking good for Larz Anderson

If other e9 forum members are expecting to be at Larz Anderson, i would like to connect and introduce myself. I'll be driving either a 1966 Volvo 122 (reliable) or '70 e-type (fussy b*tch).