Opinions on Kmac adjustable strut mounts

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thinking of buying these Kmac strut mounts.
Of those running them, is the NVH similar to stock upper strut mounts? Are you pleased with their performance?

Tia.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I purchased a set several years ago and am installing them now as I work on the front-end. Let me know if you want any pictures.

I am sorry that I don't have any use experience to share.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Andrew Wilson is running these. I believe he was not necessarily seeking additonal negative camber (beyond the 0.5 degrees from the Carl Nelson camber plates), but instead got into them because of a variation in his car's camber side to side that Mario Langston at VSR was otherwise unable to correct.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
wow, interesting find
As I recall it was Adawil2002 who brought them to my attention. He reported much reduced tire wear vs camber plates.
Andrew Wilson is running these. I believe he was not necessarily seeking additonal negative camber (beyond the 0.5 degrees from the Carl Nelson camber plates), but instead got into them because of a variation in his car's camber side to side that Mario Langston at VSR was otherwise unable to correct.
i suppose I’m also interested because of the price compared to OE upper strut mounts

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd buy them just for the point-of-sale packaging. Imagine walking into some chain auto parts store and seeing a pair of these sitting on the counter.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
In 2016 after driving cross country for Monterey Car Week's BMW 100 Year Celebration then to the Northern Cascades, Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons to home totaling 9600 miles. Chris Langsten noticed my passenger side outer tire was new inside & down to cords on the outside, all 4 tires were new when we left home. BBS RS 005s with 205/55 16s, rolled fenders & fixed negative camber plates. VSR sent the car for a re-alignment & that shop determined that with the fixed negative camber plates, driver side was -1/2° & passenger side was +0.2. With the adjustable K-Macs both fronts are -1°

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
most companies that make these don't work with stock springs - usually they are made for 2.5" coilover springs ... so this is a good approach. i remember reading this post back in the day but forgot about it. thanks for posting

matthewp

Reaction score
Thinking of buying these Kmac strut mounts.
Of those running them, is the NVH similar to stock upper strut mounts? Are you pleased with their performance?

Tia.
I've had mine for over 25 years. I have them set around -1 deg. no problem so far.