Pacific Grove Hotel recommendations 2023

Wobdog

a.k.a Mike
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Does anyone have hotel recommendation in Pacific Grove more around the $250 price. I have a few in the $450-$500 but was hopeing to find something less expensive for 2023

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am fond of The Lighthouse Inn & Suites. They have a discounted rate in January, which helps.

There may a group of E9ers renting a house in 2023 which would most likely be the most cost effective.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s a town away, but Carmel has some surprisingly nice small hotels that look nothing special on the outside but very charming on the inside. The peninsula is all about when you show up; if there is an event in town: golf, jazz festival, auction week, etc. forget about a good deal. I made the mistake of reporting to Naval Postgrad right before the US Open in 2010; hotel prices went from ~$100 (back then) to over $500/night

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Check out AirBNB in Monterey for August 13th or 14th to August 20th, Pebble Beach or 21st 2023. There are some deals out there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Our AirBNB went up 25% from 2021 to 2022, there are no longer deals unless you want a bedroom with a shared bath in someone’s home. And most listings for August aren’t released until Nov/Dec timeframe and if you book then be prepared to hear back from the owner that they didn’t know it was car week and the posted rate is not available, been there/done that.

jmackro

Reaction score
For the college dorm room feel ;)
Oh, that's a little harsh. Asilomar offers a variety of room types - true, some are a bit institutional, but hey, it's car week, not your honeymoon - how much time are you going to be spending there? But be aware that the California State Parks system (who operates Asilomar) has gotten wise to the demand for rooms during car week and jacks up prices just like everyone else.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Asilomar
My son and I stayed there a few nights. For 180 bucks a night it was perfect… no TV or frig but we used it as a crash house. Best part was a short walk to the 17 mile drive, take a beach chair and chill.

$180/night during Car Week! Thought everything was in the $500+ range per night.

BarryG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nor*Cal - Rocklin, around the corner from Dan
Ok I was wrong …
It was 173.02 a night

Attachments

• E8D768A0-3601-4D5E-9F9C-D81CCFEBD6F4.png
    E8D768A0-3601-4D5E-9F9C-D81CCFEBD6F4.png
    463.7 KB · Views: 66