Plantation coupe cruise

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We may not have twisty canyon roads like you Californians, but we do have historic plantations along the Mississippi River, and on a cloudless cool day like today they make for an excellent couping trip so we hit Oak Alley, famous for its Live Oak lined lawn leading up to the stately columned house, and Nottoway Plantation, one of the largest to survive the "war between the states."

Oak Alley:
Oak-Alley.jpg

Nottaway:
Nottaway.jpg

The coupe needed some carbon blown out and loved the cool air inducting into the engine while blasting through the riverbend curves!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
brings back memories Steve. now if your coupe was named Charlotte, they would have let you drive it down the walk under the live oaks.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Both you and oneils are overdue for a visit. I treated the car to a thorough post-mission wipedown inside and out, cleaned the few bugs off and topped off with no-ethanol hi test all whilst enjoying a fine adult beverage. I enjoy being both pilot and ground crew!

I need to find an excuse to be sent to Nawlins....

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was thinking of naming it Scarlet, Jedidiah or Phineaus or some such with all the civil war history we took in today. Had a brunch of chicken and andouille gumbo followed by crabcakes eggs benedict then bananas foster cheese cake. No dinner needed!

brings back memories Steve. now if your coupe was named Charlotte, they would have let you drive it down the walk under the live oaks.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
lunch sounds great ... traditional NOLA.

actually i was originally thinking they filmed hush hush sweet charlotte at oak alley, remembering the oak trees, but i'm pretty sure it was filmed at Houmas House in Burnside, LA. so my reference to charlotte wouldn't have done you any good.