Restoring a car for a customer color is Malaga red. Need pics of interior wood etc

The Artisan

Reaction score
Hello,
I am restoring a customers car and I believe the seats were redone in vinyl.
Looking for pics of the original leather colors, wood and carpet for Malaga red.
TIA,
Kevin

The Artisan

Reaction score
try this

http://www.e9-driven.com/RegistryView.asp?RID=23

Then register the coupe you are restoring...
Stan thanks it is a customers car not sure if he registered.
I am doing all the interior work headliner down to carpet I just need to see some interior pics to get started sourcing all the leather so I can come up with a game plan. I take that is oem interior color I will email him and get code.
Kevin

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The carpets in my Malaga coupe were originally goldbraun, very gold. I now have a medium brown/dark brown that is close to BMWs original light/dark brown which is NLA. Leather could originally be a dark brown or also saddle brown.

The Artisan

Reaction score
The carpets in my Malaga coupe were originally goldbraun, very gold. I now have a medium brown/dark brown that is close to BMWs original light/dark brown which is NLA. Leather could originally be a dark brown or also saddle brown.
Thanks I was going to email you. He wanted to go with a light saddle like the saddle that comes in Ferraris, think that will devalue the car should he want to sell it? Also he was thinking french seams instead of piping. Are the oem carpets multiple pieces like the ones advertised on another thread. I thought they were 2 piece from factory? What about the wood trim dash etc?
Kevin

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Carpets are multiple pieces, you can check available german loop colors on GAHH or World Upholstery. I am the wrong person to ask regarding French seams, I like the original, changing it could devalue it but others will disagree. Don't know how light the Ferrari color is but many coupes, including mine don't have the original color. Bela on this site refurbs all of the wood, many happy customers, search his name.

The Artisan

Reaction score
Carpets are multiple pieces, you can check available german loop colors on GAHH or World Upholstery. I am the wrong person to ask regarding French seams, I like the original, changing it could devalue it but others will disagree. Don't know how light the Ferrari color is but many coupes, including mine don't have the original color. Bela on this site refurbs all of the wood, many happy customers, search his name.
I have great German suppliers for Loop I just need to get an idea of colors. Thanks bela reached out to me regarding the wood refurb. This is Saddle, I did the boxes in this 430. They are all french seamed, basically a double to stitch.
Kevin
430speakerboxes.jpg

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here is a pic of my old malaga CS circa 1987, the light is bright so the interior is probably not that light, more like the color of the driver door panel.

73cs2.jpg

The Artisan

Reaction score
Steve,
Thanks I think that is more like what he had in mind. Seems like the interior colors are all over the board.
Kevin