Schmiedmann

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the ad on page 28 of the October Roundel... "sport manifold Schmiedmann S-Tech headers $304.32"

seems a lot cheaper than anything else out there

www dot schmiedmann dot com

pamp

Reaction score
Headers / Exhaust

I could not find anything on this web site as far as headers for the E9. Search on E-bay and you can buy headers for late models very cheap.

pamp

Reaction score
Headers

Thanks...If that is indeed the price and stainless to boot, well...outrageously good deal compared to what else is out there. Next would be to find out the tube and collector sizes. Out of stock and a 2 month wait...Any coupe brothers in Denmark who could get the details?

Last edited:

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks too good to be true. I wonder if there are any frame rail fitment issues? or, if the o2 ports are in the correct place? It seems a bit tight under the hood where the downpipes follow the slope of the firewall/footwell. The sensors need 3-4 inches of clearance.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Bump. Anyone try these?

http://www.schmiedmann.com/Vintage_models/e9/Equipment_-_accesories/tuning/page2.htm#1940263

image_56432_big.jpg

image_205672_big.jpg

Either versions seems impossibly cheap! WTH?

I emailed them. Let's see....

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wow! If I was not going down the turbo path these would certainly look nice under the hood especially at that price!

frogisland

Reaction score
42mm tubes going into 51mm, all o/d, circa 1.6mm thick material

No experience of them on a running engine.

Re fit, the two halves clashed so some remedial work was required. Mailed them, said it was unusual and not previously experienced, offered to replace but I made a few alterations myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20150712_193729.jpg
    IMG_20150712_193729.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_20150712_193740.jpg
    IMG_20150712_193740.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Headers 2.jpg
    Headers 2.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 257

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
42mm tubes going into 51mm, all o/d, circa 1.6mm thick material

No experience of them on a running engine.

Re fit, the two halves clashed so some remedial work was required. Mailed them, said it was unusual and not previously experienced, offered to replace but I made a few alterations myself.

Did you have to bang on them a bit for them to fit?

Jellobmw

Site Donor
Reaction score
Required a bit of work to fir on my car, and one of the tube welds to the exhaust port plate was incomplete. They are nice now, but I do not recommend.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you are willing to grind, weld and tweak these, then they seem like a great deal (as a collection of already bent tubes and flange). You will need to weld and fit anyhow to tie into an existing or custom downstream exhaust.