Sonoma Historics Video- Luigi and the 935

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Luigi@Sonoma_2017.jpeg

I just posted the video from the Sonoma Historic. I had a great battle with Steve Schmidt in his twin turbo 935. Needless to say the 935 handled very well down the straights, but Luigi could catch him in the turns.

I also ran my 1935 315 roadster. There are some pretty cool cars in the pre-war group!

Here's the link:

Thanks to Dennis Gray for the photo.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We just finished what I would call a stupid dinner. Like that was a stupid couple of vids. The 315 looks like you have enough time to grin ear to ear with a little more frequency than Luigi....Difficult to get much better....Jeez what fun, thanks for sharing, so again, I can Walter Mitty a bit. I am still game for the ride along program, should that ever happen...I have a beautiful late 60's Bell ala Gurney (needs a visor, tho..)
Thanks for the ride.

Bwana

Reaction score
That's the old Sears Point track, correct? I raced motorcycles there in 1979 and it had, like, 11 different surfaces. There was a spot at the bottom of the Carousel about 1 foot wide the bikes had to shoot for or go wide because there was a hole on the inside line of the track there from when the Can Am cars would bottom out.

Why no spectators?

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The surface at Sonoma is pretty dodgy. There are some bumps and cracks going under the bridge that really upset the car. Cracks in Turn 9 are a challenge. Still, its a fun track to drive and a real challenge to go fast on.

There were actually a lot of spectators. Most wander the paddock looking at the cars. The 2 favorite spots for people to watch seem to be the main grandstand and the grandstand above Turn 2.