Spotted in Houston

tortaklo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very nice E9 (CSL?) spotted in Houston. TX license plate DWR 4232. Anyone on this forum? Apologies for the poor picture quality - these are "spy photos" from the cell phone of a friend of mine...
Message_1470259832478.jpg
20160803_164028.jpg

Bwana

Reaction score
What part of town?
Were CSL's sold here? This one has the U.S. spec front side marker lights.

tortaklo

Site Donor
Reaction score
It was spotted in the Bellaire / West Loop area. As far as I know, the CSLs were not imported (new) to the US. This looks like a European spec car, with the rear fog light. The side markers were (unfortunately) installed when the cars were imported to the US.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
May just be badged a CSL, as it has chrome bumpers, no chrome arches, us spec sealed beam lights and the side reflectors and rear markers.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
........and maybe Recaros but not Scheel seats and big mirrors.

tortaklo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - adawil2002 and Strato102. I've come to the same conclusion: It's a 3.0 CS re-badged as a CSL. Looks like a nice E9 though.

soxrus

Reaction score
There was ONE CSL sold new in the US ... 2275 302 (confirmed by BMW's records).

This CSL was European Delivery (one of the earliest known) and still has the Original West Virginia Title issued in 1973 for the car in the original owners name/address.

It may be the most original CSL left in the world today ... original spare still in the trunk, never mounted !!

Silver car ... one repaint in the late 80's ...

Be Safe, Jimmy

jamesw

Reaction score
Charlie Baughn has a very nice Silver CSi and works in that area. I don't think that's his car though.

Cheers
James

tortaklo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe the owner of the car in the pictures is Carlos Aguilera.
When the weather cools down a bit we should aim for another "Coupe Fest" in Houston. Perhaps we can get some new E9 owners to join us for a mini "Coffee & Cars".

tortaklo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also spotted in Houston (Williams Tower parking garage). Beautiful 3.0 CSi. Left my email address, but no response - so I'm guessing the owner doesn't want to "socialize" with other couperinis
IMG_0378.jpg
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0380.jpg

ggus

Reaction score
On another note for those of you in Houston. Where do you take your coupe to get the inspection done? I now have to get mine registered in Texas and I need a inspection done first, do you take it to any place ?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

tortaklo

Site Donor
Reaction score
For major issues: Bavarian Machine Specialties. For minor issues, like state inspection ($7), I take it to BMW of West Houston. Cash Jacobson will take care of you, and Chuck is the best Mechanic around. He's mainly working on M cars, but he's been around for many years and knows how to treat an E9 with respect.