The 1/25 original Alpina of 1/169 early carb-ed CSL

eastsideM3

Reaction score
If collective knowledge is indeed a priority , perhaps @eastsideM3 could explain why the decals are off, or elaborate on the differential cooler.
Sure. So the BMW part of the logo is not correct. Would be very hard to recreate if you didn’t have access the original font. As I said in a previous post the csl variant of the B2-S that I have seen have all had the lightweight air box like we commonly see now “if built in 71”without the raised logo. Also the logo on the filters would have the older carb decal instead of injection trumpets. They didn’t hold up all that well so he probably replaced them not knowing the difference. Alpina took the csl B2S builds a little further than my car and added a cooled diff. I simply asked if his car had one. I’m not here to knock his car. Just add some knowledge to the details if he cares to dial it in.

Fonzy_75

Reaction score
Screenshot_20230706-231534.png

shanon

Reaction score
Looks very sweet from the little shared thus far. Congrats!

After spending the last 20+ years 'replicating' something similar, I look forward to your final reveal .... "You're killin' me(us?) Smalls!"

Salud!

Fonzy_75

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thanks a lot for your positive comments!

Although originally was not my plan, I will respectfully entertain serious offers.

Have a great day.

Regards

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Simply out of curiosity was this CSL originally Polaris (Polaris Neue maybe), not sure for '71 or the current shade of Inka or Colorado (I'm color blind so sometimes hughes are hard for be to discern? Super cool build and congrats! Don't get rid of it! enjoy it for a while... :love: Now it looks more like Colorado the more I look at it.

JamesE30

Reaction score
SO cool! Can we see the engine? And do you have any pics or details on the shifter and shift knob? curious to see more of the interior!

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Fonzy,

Very interesting story, I have no doubt a few people may be interested in the car.

Can you please share a full series of detailed photos, including when being restored and of course the most important - price ?

Thanks