trunk rear panel - template

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave ... happy to share. my only request as this only be used to make a panel for the people i sent the file to or for their coupe buddy in need ... i hope nobody uses this to make products for sale.

if somebody is interested in making them for sale, we can work out an arrangement and i can share the autocad file.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This was desperately needed by me for the second build of the blue coupe- Thanks Scott... now where do we get elephant skin, PETA has made things so difficult!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i bought mine directly from BMW ... at a 25% discount (thanks again Gary). you will need to buy a piece that is 2 m long as you will need a piece that is 1.65m to cut out ... you can make 2 of these panels from one 2 m piece.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the elephant skin at wallys is a bit darker than original as i just got a piece
but the same pattern
i am sure there is 'dye lot' variation on the vinyls from the same manufacturer. i have some new elephant skin (both from BMW a few months apart) and the colors vary. this is not unusual in leather, vinyl + fabrics as dyes do vary.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would be very grateful if you could send the file to me too. so I have it later when I need it! I'll PM the address.

Thanks for sharing!

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
happy to share guys. creating the drawing allowed me to make a version and fit it ... make adjustments and start the process over. i have made 3 of these, and i think it now fits pretty well. i am happy to create drawings for things we can make for our coupes.

i have sent to all those who have requested, so if you didn't get it ... let me know
Hi Scott;
I would love to have a copy. I purchased board that I used from a Model A restoration company in Amesbury,Ma. Can't remember the name of the Co.
My email: [email protected]
Thanks
Koopman