Upgraded ECU

Honolulu

Reaction score
Haltech, Motech, Djet, Ljet, Motronic, Megasquirt, Microsquirt and others.... all different flavors.

I'm certainly looking forward to a more detailed description of this. I have a vague knowledge of the different injection systems BMW has used and have sightly been exposed to some others. Costs vary widely and the requirements to install/adapt/tune each system seem formidable, as suggested by the costs above. Other than references to SFDon installing and tuning Megasquirt (there have been some fairly detailed threads), this topic hasn't much come up.

At one time I raided a donor E12 528i and got the head, intake, ECU, distributor, fuel pump, airbox and some wires. I was in it for the 5-speed, which I installed successfully. I've never had the gumption to pull the carbed guts off my motor for something that I may/not be able to make work. The parts sit, covered, under the house awaiting... eternity.

matthewp

Reaction score
Because Djet relies on manifold pressure if you change your camshaft you will find you are outside the parameters of the ecu. i ran a Haltech for a few years but now am using an Autronic system. With the aftermarket ECU's you can also configure multiple coils.

Honolulu

Reaction score
yes but... we were told that Richard Conway's Djet CS put out 700 effing HP, so it must be do-able if one knows Djet well enough. His wan'st the only such system, IIRC there was another for sale here some years ago.