What did you do to your E9 today?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Saturday evening, most of the mud & dust hosed off, then soaped her top to bottom, she left a muddy ring on the grass. I dried her in the garage & turned on the dehumidifier.

Sunday morning at 9:50 am the clutch line blew out on Main Street in Rockland, Maine while on my way to pick up a good friend at the Ferry Terminal 2/10ths of a mile away. My wife arrived just as Athena left on her way to to European Auto Service in Gardiner. The same place where she became Athena in July 2011.

More details here: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/andrew-wilsons-73-csi.11519/page-18

Rockland Clutch Line Leak.jpeg
Rockland Flatbed 01jpeg.jpeg

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another low tech day. The Lamin-X package has been sitting on my shelf for months. Monday I applied to the headlights and fog lamps on my E30 then this morning I repeated the process on my coupe.
Having a lift made the process simple with the lights a bit lower than eye level, applying and trimming excess was pretty easy.

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Finally got the 73/74 tag re-issue approved. I've posted it before, but no 74 tags were issued in Oklahoma b/c the tag facility at the state prison burned down in a riot. A few hen's teeth 74s show up now and again, but they're usually vanity tags w/ something you'd never want. Another oddball 74 feature for me. This is the cleanest of the 3 I own--the guy I know who re-works them died last year, and I haven't been able to find satisfactory paint subs.

tag.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Finally got to the fuel leak at the output side of the fuel pump. Last time I replaced fuel lines, I noticed a leaking of fuel at the pump, and decided to just double up on the hose clamps. Which did work, but I used the lame type clamps I had handy, but they dig into the rubber until they eat a hole in the hose. Lately I have been noticing my idle lower when stopped at a traffic light. Bothered me as I really had that nailed. Have been very happy with these 32/36s after some focussed service. Opened hood to observe while engine was running and saw actual dripping, almost a stream of fuel that should have been on its way to the carbs, but was being wasted. Resorted to smaller diameter hose, went from 5/16 inch to 1/4 inch (what was available on a Sunday) and a superior clamp. Solved!

fullsizeoutput_4c5.jpegfullsizeoutput_4c6.jpegfullsizeoutput_4c7.jpeg

Last edited:

TodB

Reaction score
Adjusted valves, added new plugs and then pulled the end off the #6 plug wire (the wire broke inside the plug connector). Duh!

Last edited:

stphers

Reaction score
Mike

You should change those other clamps as well. It won't be long before those will eat into the hoses as well You should never use the worm and gear clamps on any of the fuel lines Use "fuel injection" style clamps on all the fuel lines

TodB

If you have the std brown connectors at the spark plugs, they just screw into the wire, so it should be easy to dig the broken bit out but if the wire broke off, that is usually an indication that the spark plug must be old and have become hardened. Maybe time for new wires

Thanks, Rick

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
great photo of the coupe Steve. that's definitely a calendar shot - perfect angle that really shows the beauty of our cars. Ed, love the pic of the inka tii in your mirror. tell us you got that on the first try. all in all, a great photo day.

TodB

Reaction score
Mike

You should change those other clamps as well. It won't be long before those will eat into the hoses as well You should never use the worm and gear clamps on any of the fuel lines Use "fuel injection" style clamps on all the fuel lines

TodB

If you have the std brown connectors at the spark plugs, they just screw into the wire, so it should be easy to dig the broken bit out but if the wire broke off, that is usually an indication that the spark plug must be old and have become hardened. Maybe time for new wires

Thanks, Rick
Thanks rick

new wires were ordered but were too short. I tried to stretch them but then one of the dist cap nubs broke off. Another one of those days. More wires, hopefully correct this time, and dist cap ordered.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t Instagram but a buddy sent me this. Seems someone spotted me at the F1 races last year... Nice adoration, even if he didn’t get the model quite right

21AC4852-4D54-4BD0-9B70-3F5FF0EBC380.jpeg

:)

EdZ

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drove the ‘67 to our local, monthly gathering. Lots of good folks showed up. Snapped the one pic with Barney’s Inka Tii in the Talbot rear view. :)

View attachment 99354
View attachment 99355
View attachment 99356

Looking forward to Fall... It’s been hovering around 105 the last week.

Ed
Ed--79-80 MPH at only 3200 RPM ?? correct with a 4 cyl. engine? My 2002 was at 4000 RPM at 80 MPH with the stock 4 speed.----Drew

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ed--79-80 MPH at only 3200 RPM ?? correct with a 4 cyl. engine? My 2002 was at 4000 RPM at 80 MPH with the stock 4 speed.----Drew

The speedo is off, Drew. The CS now has a 5 speed OD, as well. The CS came with a 3.90 long neck open diff. My speedo reads about 10mph high at 70; so I was doing about 70 at 3200 rpm...ish.

Ed