Which OE parts for E9/E3 worth to be purchased at BMW Dealership directly

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would like to check with You - experts this topic.

I know from E30/E36 point of view that sometimes it is the only way to get good quality part is to buy them from BMW Dealership.
Unfortunately over the years the quality is dropping so I'm happy each time the part is in the old bag - meaning it is NOS, not a BMW-approved reproduction.

But coming to the point.

Are there parts which are still available (2023) and worth to be purchased directly from BMW even with much higher (but not only) price?

to ask for example:
- rubber seals?
- suspension parts (OE approach - no lowering etc)?
- toolbox?
- etc..

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I had to get a new gutter trim piece many years ago as the one on the car fell off when I was driving (and the trim was damaged as a result).

I looked at ordering from a few of the usual online sources. The parts price was not too bad as I recall ($60 or so) for PN 51 13 1 813 025
But - Being long, skinny and fragile - to ship something like this was not inexpensive. Shipping was nearly as much as the part was (again- 10 or so years ago).

So - I called the local dealer who could get it to me for not too much more than the other places. But without shipping charges. And - as the part was a unique shape and fairly flimsy - I could see what condition it was in before I accepted it.

I also ordered a replacement toolbox when BMW made them again (also several years back). Again - they were just a little bit higher cost than the online places, but I did not have to pay for shipping, and I could see the condition of the item before I accepted it.

From there - I have not had to go to the dealer for much of anything for any of my cars (Porsche, Ford, Mercedes, BMW or Cadillac). The only time I had to do so recently was for the airbag recall for my Escalade.

tmh

Reaction score
When I purchased the belt-line trim years ago I found a BMW dealer that was substantially cheaper than the local dealer. As I recall, it was nearly 25% less than list. Perhaps he sold it to me at wholesale.

kentvonseverin

Site Donor $
Reaction score
When I purchased the belt-line trim years ago I found a BMW dealer that was substantially cheaper than the local dealer. As I recall, it was nearly 25% less than list. Perhaps he sold it to me at wholesale.

May I ask which dealer you purchased from?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i routinely buy from getbmwparts.com. they are a BMW dealer (i forget which one) but i think they are in Warwick, RI. i have checked prices over many years and generally found them to have some of the best prices. that is one reason i list them in the FAQ - Best Sources

kentvonseverin

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i routinely buy from getbmwparts.com. they are a BMW dealer (i forget which one) but i think they are in Warwick, RI. i have checked prices over many years and generally found them to have some of the best prices. that is one reason i list them in the FAQ - Best Sources

Do they ship them to you?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Exclusive dealer/OEM parts for me are seals and gaskets. Otherwise I use OEM resellers like FCP Euro, AutohausAZ and sometimes getbmwparts or even ECS Tuning which seems to have cleaned up it's act somewhat. I hunt for NOS parts like chains, sprockets etc on eBay.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Exclusive dealer/OEM parts for me are seals and gaskets. Otherwise I use OEM resellers like FCP Euro, AutohausAZ and sometimes getbmwparts or even ECS Tuning which seems to have cleaned up it's act somewhat. I hunt for NOS parts like chains, sprockets etc on eBay.
i look at all of the above, many times parts from getbmwparts.com are less expensive that oem resellers. i have gone thru that with my brother on his z3 coupe. things like guibo are much cheaper by Meyle or others. there are also some Meyle HD parts which have been improved over OEM.

m_thompson

Reaction score

They are MileOne's BMW of Silver Spring, MD. Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI stopped selling online several years ago.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
We all remember Tomkinson BMW , great for parts but stopped selling on line because of too many credit card scams and lost revenue.

e30strube

Reaction score
All of the dealers I've contacted are 2-5 times the typical online costs... including the dealers that sell primarily online. Outside of a must have bolt or screw, it hasn't seemed worth it.

tmh

Reaction score
I
I believe it was a dealership in Maryland or New Jersey long ago, approximately 1995. I don't have the receipt. It seemed expensive at the time but it would seem like a tremendous bargain today.

T.M.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see very interesting discussion about US shops and dealerships selling BMW parts.

It seems it was a path such discussion has move on taking into account the number of parts still available for E9. :)