Windshield wiper arms in chrome

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm looking for a pair of chrome wiper arms in good condition.
Thanks. Keshav

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Harry,
As far I know I don't think there are in 2 versions, chrome and or Aluminium. If I recall, they are polished Alu, but please correct me if I'm wrong. But most importantly, YES, im looking for a pair in good condition. The wiper blades I have new...... Just the 2 arms would be perfect. The ones I have are black.
Thank you. Keshav

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Harry,
As far I know I don't think there are in 2 versions, chrome and or Aluminium. If I recall, they are polished Alu, but please correct me if I'm wrong. But most importantly, YES, im looking for a pair in good condition. The wiper blades I have new...... Just the 2 arms would be perfect. The ones I have are black.
Thank you. Keshav
I just bought a pair and should have them in about a week or so. I,m sure you will be the buyer.
Koopman

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That sounds fantastic. Many thanks. Thrilled!
Keshav

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey Steve thanks for the info, interesting. Did all or a few 2800's have chrome? I need to look again I guess I don't recall that, and stainless steel I didn't realize that either. Interesting, either way, I'd bet a dollar to a donut Koopman's are aluminum.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
maybe they are aluminum but mine don't oxidize like the valve cover etc so that's what leads me to believe they are stainless. They also seem stronger than aluminum would be around the thinner delicate areas.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree with Steve, satin brushed stainless. Early ones might be a highly polished stainless but they look like chrome. In 74 they were black.

Wiscosh

Reaction score
I just bought a pair and should have them in about a week or so. I,m sure you will be the buyer.
Koopman
Can I ask you what you sold yours for? I have a pair in the brushed aluminum that look to be in good shape and I would like to sell them. Thanks

johnl

Reaction score
Mine were also the aluminum style and quite dull from years of exposure. I spent about 15 minutes with Mother's Mag Polish and they came back to life as new in appearance. Finding blades in the argent (silver) is not easy but when I was in my local NAPA store I found nothing but with the help of one of the counter people he went to the back of the store and brought out a NAPA brand vintage that were the correct look. As I recall the cost was under $15.00 for the pair. I did have to tweak the passenger one a bit by bending it to conform to the curve of the glass.

Do they work well? Not really but I don't drive the car in the rain unless caught somewhere. I carry a pair of Bosch blades (black frames) in the trunk and it is an easy switch.