World Uphostery Carpet Install

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Making a little progress on the installation. The carpet over the tunnel has not been glued and shows wrinkles.

Attachments

• Carpet 4.jpg
    Carpet 4.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 277
  • Carpet 5.jpg
    Carpet 5.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 277

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice If you use a small hand held steamer, and a hand roller, you will be able to get all those wrinkles out

Thanks, Rick
I do have a hand held steamer that I have used on the headliner and will try it on the carpet. I wasn't sure if it would work on carpet and will try it. Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The piece behind the shifter isn't glued down and should be smooth. I may have to build up some areas on the driver side tunnel to smooth it out. Thanks
on pieces that aren't glued down, like the tranny tunnel piece - perhaps try a little velcro on the either side of the tunnel to allow pulling a little tension. if you glue the tranny tunnel carpet you will likely destroy it if you have to remove it. that happened to me as the PO glued that piece down. when my interior goes back together i thought i would give this a try.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
I know World Upholstery offers the trunk carpet and I bet if you contact them they would sell the driver floor carpet.
They will send you samples of the carpet so you can make sure it matches.

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
I know World Upholstery offers the trunk carpet and I bet if you contact them they would sell the driver floor carpet.
They will send you samples of the carpet so you can make sure it matches.

Thanks Dan.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
on pieces that aren't glued down, like the tranny tunnel piece - perhaps try a little velcro on the either side of the tunnel to allow pulling a little tension. if you glue the tranny tunnel carpet you will likely destroy it if you have to remove it. that happened to me as the PO glued that piece down. when my interior goes back together i thought i would give this a try.
Scott
Could also maybe just glue the areas that contact metal and bridge the middle. Thanks for the tip. I do hope I never have to remove this carpet!
Thanks,
Dan

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sure, but carpet stretches / shrinks to some degree. gluing the velcro stips to the carpet (or putting a couple of stitches to hold it) makes it possible to adjust and keep it looking perfect. one thing that does somewhat hold the tunnel piece down is the seat belt strap bolts. my thought was to put the velcro at the back + front bottoms, leaving everything else loose.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
In places that won't see too much shear/traffic, I only glued in parts. Also with Dynamat on the floors, I cut the paper along the edges to expose the glue so they are secure along their perimeter only. IDK, after dealing with all the factory coating, I don't want to burn bridges.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. More progress on the carpet. Not all areas have been glued. I am looking at vecro to keep the floor pieces from sliding. I am not sure I will use the "U" shaped pieces since I used vinyl over the seat track areas. I still need to work on the dog legs with the trim around the seat track releases. I don't care for the carpet to carpet area behind the tunnel to the back wall. I think I can work it some to make it look better and that area is not glued.

Attachments

• Carpet 6.jpg
    Carpet 6.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 232
  • Carpet 7.jpg
    Carpet 7.jpg
    447.3 KB · Views: 236
  • Carpet 8.jpg
    Carpet 8.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Carpet 10.jpg
    Carpet 10.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Carpet 11.jpg
    Carpet 11.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 207

Pinstripe inc.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. More progress on the carpet. Not all areas have been glued. I am looking at vecro to keep the floor pieces from sliding. I am not sure I will use the "U" shaped pieces since I used vinyl over the seat track areas. I still need to work on the dog legs with the trim around the seat track releases. I don't care for the carpet to carpet area behind the tunnel to the back wall. I think I can work it some to make it look better and that area is not glued.
It’s looking great I tried to get just the driver side floor mat, but they will only sell full sets. They are sending a German carpet sample. Yours look so great that I’m tempted to replace my original set. They haven’t quoted a price.

Dan Wood

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s looking great I tried to get just the driver side floor mat, but they will only sell full sets. They are sending a German carpet sample. Yours look so great that I’m tempted to replace my original set. They haven’t quoted a price.
Thanks! You might try taking your floor mat to an auto upholstery shop and see if they can match it and/or buy some coco mats.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The original carpets had two posts on the floor in front of each seat and three on each rear carpet with a female snap in the carpet itself. Whenever I see a parts car I harvest the posts, you can still buy the receiver clips from eBay or CoupeKing if you search.