WTB belt line trim for front nose

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wanted to thank everyone who responded and PM'd me.

Based on Andrews pics of Athena's adventure in the woods which confirms it can be repaired, I am also going to have mine repaired.

With Drews help we found a fairly local shop that specializes in repairing alum and SST trim for cars.

Thanks,

Doug

damienh

Reaction score
Hi All, I need to get my trim refurbed in the UK, could anyone explain what the process Speedway carry out is exactly so I know what I'm looking for ? Many thanks, Damien

bluecs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can anyone provide shops in the Los Angeles and Orange County areas who can do work on aluminum trims?

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe the original trim is anodized. Can anyone recommend a shop that will anodize tim. I have been unable to find one.

Adkfrank

Site Donor
Reaction score
Speedway has done some of my trim. They do excellent work. I would like to find a shop that anodizes.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Plenty of places in New York that do Chromic Acid Anodizing.

Try a google search or:

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am just getting ready to send the belt line trim out to Speedway. Have folks also done the various moldings around the side windows the same way? They also seem to be anodized aluminum. Or should these be chromed instead? thanks.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The "hockey stick" piece at rear window squeegee, and it's companion on the door window, are chrome, as are the vent window frames. Front and rear windscreen surrounds, and gutter trim are anod. alum.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, I meant the upper mouldings. The gutter trim you mentioned and I assume the 3 pieces that are screwed to the roof frame just inside the gutter trim, including the one that shows inside. Behind the door frame gasket and at the headliner edge.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sven,

When I sent my front belt line trim to a local shop here in Florida (not Speedway) I also sent them the other pieces under roofline the gutter. My gutter trim was in bad shape so it didn't make sense to have it repaired since it is still available new so I just replaced it. I would assume Speedway could also do those pieces. See link below to the thread.