WTB Complete Exhaust

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello again,

I’m looking for a complete stock exhaust or a complete Walloth & Nesh stainless system. Used is ok as long as it is in good shape and serviceable. I do not need manifolds.

Thank you,
Mike

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not doing Fritzbits again?
Not on the 2800. It’s a very original car and other than the 5-speed swap I really wanted to keep it as original as possible so my preference would be a good condition used oem system. I did order a W&N system as a back up. My first aftermarket choice was Fritsbits; but they are currently back ordered on down pipes and I really need something for Legends.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
@iconoclast6 has a W&N and a Coupe King system he is selling
@Stan I don’t care for the sound intensity of the Coupking system, it’s too loud for me. @iconoclast6’s W&N is lacking the downpipes so his W&N system would be ideal for someone that has aftermarket headers since they would require custom downpipes.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can't help on stock, but who makes the dual pipe system (all the way) I have seen on a few BAT cars?
Gary

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
@Stan I don’t care for the sound intensity of the Coupking system, it’s too loud for me. @iconoclast6’s W&N is lacking the downpipes so his W&N system would be ideal for someone that has aftermarket headers since they would require custom downpipes.
Yeah, both Wayne Killen and I have been talking for a couple of years now about mechanisms to quiet down the Coupe King system. Wayne is thinking about adding another muffler near the rear axle, as in the stock systems. I am thinking about changing out the center muffler for a larger one.

If I could quiet down the exhaust note, this would further accentuate the induction noise from the carbs!

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not intending to gate crash @OCCoupe search,
I had bought the CK exhaust with headers close to 8 yrs ago, at that time they sent a ‘carrot’ along that one could insert into the rear pot to quiet the exhaust note down (they used to call it mild/ with or wild/ without….if I recall). Do they not provide that anymore?

Alternately, here is an excellent quality E9 ss exhaust with headers for upto 3.5ltr engines. I know the seller well, the fit and sound is excellent and most importantly the headers fit without modifications.
The sellers name is Wolfgang Würm.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not intending to gate crash @OCCoupe search,
I had bought the CK exhaust with headers close to 8 yrs ago, at that time they sent a ‘carrot’ along that one could insert into the rear pot to quiet the exhaust note down (they used to call it mild/ with or wild/ without….if I recall). Do they not provide that anymore?

Alternately, here is an excellent quality E9 ss exhaust with headers for upto 3.5ltr engines. I know the seller well, the fit and sound is excellent and most importantly the headers fit without modifications.
The sellers name is Wolfgang Würm.

Keshav - both Wayne and I have the carrot and still we would prefer something milder. I thought the Fritzbitz stuff Mike Berger had on his car was perfect.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Keshav - both Wayne and I have the carrot and still we would prefer something milder. I thought the Fritzbitz stuff Mike Berger had on his car was perfect.
I was talking with Chuck @iconoclast6 , he was telling me the CK system does not utilize a center resonator at all. I suppose if one were to add a center resonator of some sort it might quiet things down.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Stan - When I bought my stuff, CK was using a 4" center resonator. Maybe this has changed, but the resonator still shows in the pictures on his web site: https://shop.coupeking.com/products/e9-cs-coupe-stainless-exhaust-system-m30b35-swap-hotrod

To be more specific about what I am thinking about, my system has a 4" resonator that is 18" long. Maganaflow (who made the one in my car) makes a 4" resonator that is 22" long, so I'm considering that. But I need to chat with some folks who have done some hot rodding. I had thought the center resonators were primarly to cut drone at highway speeds and have less effect at idle and (more importantly) on acceleration. And then, BMW used a smaller muffler near the left rear wheel which is also likely targetted at a specific effect.

I know Gary Beck has done a custom exhaust with no resonator and a larger muffler (from a Ford truck, I think). I'm hoping to hear his setup in November at Hilton Head, or maybe in October at an event he is planning near Atlanta.

iconoclast6

Reaction score
I was talking with Chuck @iconoclast6 , he was telling me the CK system does not utilize a center resonator at all. I suppose if one were to add a center resonator of some sort it might quiet things down.
I purchased what I believe was a gen 1 SS exhaust from CoupeKing. No resonator. Straight pipes to a MagnaFlow rear can. Quite an impressive and aggressive audible testosterone decibel level. I opted for the rear carrot insert to diminish the sound, and it marginally lowered the sound. Over the rears, I just developed a need for a quieter system.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Stan - When I bought my stuff, CK was using a 4" center resonator. Maybe this has changed, but the resonator still shows in the pictures on his web site: https://shop.coupeking.com/products/e9-cs-coupe-stainless-exhaust-system-m30b35-swap-hotrod

To be more specific about what I am thinking about, my system has a 4" resonator that is 18" long. Maganaflow (who made the one in my car) makes a 4" resonator that is 22" long, so I'm considering that. But I need to chat with some folks who have done some hot rodding. I had thought the center resonators were primarly to cut drone at highway speeds and have less effect at idle and (more importantly) on acceleration. And then, BMW used a smaller muffler near the left rear wheel which is also likely targetted at a specific effect.

I know Gary Beck has done a custom exhaust with no resonator and a larger muffler (from a Ford truck, I think). I'm hoping to hear his setup in November at Hilton Head, or maybe in October at an event he is planning near Atlanta.
It will be fun to compare systems, too bad the VRBO doesn't have a lift!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one if you and Wayne want to stop here either on the way down or on the way back.
I am planning on going to Octoberfest and the LOTA-east-driving up from Ft. Lauderdale. I have the CK exhaust connected to the Stahl headers. The car sounds good to me when heard from the outside. But driving with those 3 DCOE 40's pretty much drowned out the exhaust note from inside the car at any speed. I should join the group for sound comparisons.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the coupeking website pictures show a 4" resonator in the exhaust pictures. what it doesn't have is the can between the resonator and the rear exhaust. i am getting ready to order the fritzbits system to go with my stahl header. the engine install is starting this week.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the coupeking website pictures show a 4" resonator in the exhaust pictures. what it doesn't have is the can between the resonator and the rear exhaust. i am getting ready to order the fritzbits system to go with my stahl header. the engine install is starting this week.
you will like the Fritz Bits system. Stealth until you really put your foot in it.