WTB: Driver's lower chrome door card trim

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm looking for the long chrome piece and the fastening spike strip for the driver's side. I know there was some discussion about reproducing these, but it seems like it fizzled out (understandably - I have no idea how I would go about it either).

Anyhow, I'm not looking for a pristine piece, just something decent. This is one of the few interior parts my car is completely missing. Just need something is semi-presentable condition if anyone has a spare or knows where to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Travis

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Travis -- I spent quite a while seeking mine, and only found one. I ended up buying a couple of shorter pieces and splicing them together to make a long piece. I tried aluminum tape over the joints at first, and rejected this in favor of butt joints with tape on the inside. Presentable, but not concourse.

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting idea splicing shorter pieces. I'll keep looking - if anyone comes across any of the pieces, any leads would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Travis

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have been working on a replacement part. The challenges include sourcing the metal strip, cutting to the correct size, polishing and working out how to attach all for a price that is not so high that nobody wants to pay for it

TravL350

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's fantastic, Stan - I appreciate your efforts very much, and can sympathize with the difficulties. It is amazing how much design and detail there is even in the things that seem to be so simple to the casual eye!