WTB Front to Rear Window Seal

jamesw

Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm looking for the metal trim pieces and rubber seals that seal between the front and rear windows. Does anyone have them in there stash for sale, or know where I can get them? Also looking for the trim for the top of the front windows but not as important as I'm mainly looking to keep the elements out of the car...

Thanks,
James
Houston TX
'72 CS
'72 CS

61porsche

Reaction score
Seals

are available from your local dealer, on line from many of the usual vendors in the Links section. Double check the parts numbers as other seals such as for 02's sometimes show up and can be frustrating. If you're just having a sealing problem, there's another way to deal it without taking the windshield out if the seal is reasonably soft. If you need to check- soapy water, spray bottle, and a hair dryer work well. Spray down the outside and use the blower inside along the seal.

Trim is available too but can get a bit pricey for a whole set.

I didn't pay particular attention to your trim as it was blacked out on the windshields. I did notice that the seals weren't painted so someone took some time to do it. One alternate that's been discussed is to polish the exisiting. I personally would try to see what type of coating is on the trim with solvent or polishing. If they sanded, well it has to be polished back out. There are metal finishers in Houston; one or two nearby you. Several coupe owners have sent thiers to Ca. and a search will reveal that vendor too. An enterprising owner coulld do it themselves since it's a polish and not a plate operation.

Side windows can be adjusted in or out by two bolts under the door that secure the frame.

NightOwl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Some of us are fairly new to this world. Any chance of a url or link to Maximillian or any other alternative sources that come up in the future? I am archiving as many contacts and contact info as possible so it is easier if you can post it in your reply.

Thanks,

Jake

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Almost all parts suppliers are resellers of parts from BMW, this includes:

La Jolla Independent, Maximilian Importing, ECS Tuning, CSiParts/2002ad, Walloth & Nesch (they also sell aftermarket in some cases) and your local BMW dealer

Other sources are: RMEuropean, AutohausAZ, Vintage Autobahn, Double02 Salvage, Jaymic and others

Very few vendors actually stock parts, they order from BMW when you order from them for the most part. W&N carries more than most along with Carl at LJI.

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good morning,

I'm looking for the metal trim pieces and rubber seals that seal between the front and rear windows. Does anyone have them in there stash for sale, or know where I can get them? Also looking for the trim for the top of the front windows but not as important as I'm mainly looking to keep the elements out of the car...

Thanks,
James
Houston TX
'72 CS
'72 CS
Hello James,
Do you have the metal piece that sits vertically on the rear window?
Which side are you looking for?
Cheers
Tony P.