WTB or where to find csl wheel arch replicas

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
easy way of saying it, is that many repor chrome arches are decorative and "hug" the existing body work, where as the originals were used to create more flare in the fender, for the wider 7 inch csl wheels.

Jim Stone

Reaction score
I have a set of four. Original sticker still found on one of the four. Located Md.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 61

Jim Stone

Reaction score
the set is in good condition: chrome is in great condition though with a few small dents that can be worked out but carefully; the Lf is missing most of it’s black plastic bead trim where the other three are intact. The left rear one has been snipped (invisible once installed) in a few places to properly fit the wheel arch. With some work and polishing I think this set will look fine.
Asking $400/set OBO plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpeg
    IMG_1285.jpeg
    340.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    327.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1286.jpeg
    IMG_1286.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1288.jpeg
    IMG_1288.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 40

Jim Stone

Reaction score
Wladek, knowing it’s difficult to identify the difference visually how did you conclude this via photo? The arches are not magnetic as I just tested them and ss may appear to be a little gray but didn’t realize this until now. Did the partial p/n give you a hint or? Thanks for the education.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
with the BMW part number, these are the same as were used on the CSL - identifiable by the square formed edges of the arch (the aftermarket ones are rounded and did not have a BMW part number). the BMW arches only came in stainless steel

Jim Stone

Reaction score
the set is in good condition: chrome is in great condition though with a few small dents that can be worked out but carefully; the Lf is missing most of it’s black plastic bead trim where the other three are intact. The left rear one has been snipped (invisible once installed) in a few places to properly fit the wheel arch. With some work and polishing I think this set will look fine.
Asking $400/set OBO plus shipping
This set is actually stainless steel instead of chrome that I shared earlier. Thanks to those that shared this with me.