WTB: Passenger Side Drip Moulding

seh1

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone have one in good to excellent condition? Shipping will probably be expensive but I've factored that in. Yes they are supposedly available from dealer but months out. Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sean,

is this the trim you are looking for? they aren't that expensive new - 63 bucks from getbmwparts.com / 68 from ecstuning ... and 38.24 euro from w+n. i can't guarantee that they fit ... i know i have a pair of rear belt trims that don't come close to fitting. i do have both sides of these that i think are in reasonably good shape - are 46 years old though. my guess is that the only person who is going to make money is the freight company. have you checked with double02 salvage, coupeking or lajolla? since the new part isn't that expensive, it is doubtful that they will be expensive - especially if you can drive and pick it up.

i hear what you are saying about being months out at the dealers ... give w+n a shout ... their shipping is expensive for only a couple of things ... but tends to stay the same when ordering several things. check out what you need - they have a 20 euro discount for a couple more days for orders over 200 euro. which brings the freight bill from 49 euro down to 29 euro ... and their parts prices are much better than any american supplier.

51131813025.jpg

seh1

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scott,

Thanks for all the above. If you have one I'm indifferent to age - my car is 43 years old as well ;)

Shoot me a pm with details and we'll get it done. Recycling is always better anyway. If that fails I'll go with the dealers, but many that say they have it, e.g. BMW South Atlanta, actually don't when you place the order. They are months out. So happy to take yours and make it worthwhile.

This site is awesome. Have collected all the missing or bad parts on my car now, and got tons of great advice on the way.

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sean,

is this the trim you are looking for? they aren't that expensive new - 63 bucks from getbmwparts.com / 68 from ecstuning ... and 38.24 euro from w+n. i can't guarantee that they fit ... i know i have a pair of rear belt trims that don't come close to fitting. i do have both sides of these that i think are in reasonably good shape - are 46 years old though. my guess is that the only person who is going to make money is the freight company. have you checked with double02 salvage, coupeking or lajolla? since the new part isn't that expensive, it is doubtful that they will be expensive - especially if you can drive and pick it up.

i hear what you are saying about being months out at the dealers ... give w+n a shout ... their shipping is expensive for only a couple of things ... but tends to stay the same when ordering several things. check out what you need - they have a 20 euro discount for a couple more days for orders over 200 euro. which brings the freight bill from 49 euro down to 29 euro ... and their parts prices are much better than any american supplier.

@rsporsche do you happen to have the links to the items at getbmwparts or ecs? I ask because I could not find them. Getbmwparts does not allow a year model older than 1980 and I looked the through all exterior items on ECS without luck. Note also that W+N only have the driver side. The passenger side WAS available at about 165 Euro compared to the 38 Euro Driver side. I state WAS available because upon checking noted that the passenger side is currently not listed.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@rsporsche do you happen to have the links to the items at getbmwparts or ecs? I ask because I could not find them. Getbmwparts does not allow a year model older than 1980 and I looked the through all exterior items on ECS without luck. Note also that W+N only have the driver side. The passenger side WAS available at about 165 Euro compared to the 38 Euro Driver side. I state WAS available because upon checking noted that the passenger side is currently not listed.
its a bit painful ... go to realoem.com ... switch to classic models and find the 2800cs / 3.0cs and find the part you are looking for ... then put that part number in on getbmwparts.com or ecstuning. the prices on realoem are not accurate or up to date. sometimes higher than bmwna list and sometimes much lower ... rarely correct.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh, on W+N ... no listing means they have no stock ... it doesn't necessarily mean NLA. a high price on a part generally means that it is going NLA. if you remember what happened on the tail lights - w+n had them for about 300 each, then it went to 550, then it went to 1250 and then gone. since there is no current stock in the US on these parts ... this is a concern.

Mauler

Site Donor $
Reaction score
its a bit painful ... go to realoem.com ... switch to classic models and find the 2800cs / 3.0cs and find the part you are looking for ... then put that part number in on getbmwparts.com or ecstuning. the prices on realoem are not accurate or up to date. sometimes higher than bmwna list and sometimes much lower ... rarely correct.

Thanks for the education Scott. I always wondered how the cognoscenti found parts for our cars on getbmwparts.com.