Out of Commission.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
HI Eveyyrone;
Sad to say I will be out of the loop for a few weeks. I am blind in my left eye and bexcause of a large catarac on thr line of vision on my right eye I can barely see the what's on the computer screen and am using a magnifying glass to read the searches. I will soon have surgery on my right eye and have had trouble convinceing my surgeon that the time has come to operate and take my chances of the risks that come with the surgery.
I will keep sending messages until I am unable.
Thanks for all you guys have done.
Koopman

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hoping for a quick recovery and successful procedure Harry. Hope you are back soon.

jmackro

Reaction score
have had trouble convinceing my surgeon that the time has come to operate and take my chances of the risks that come with the surgery.

Koopman:

Hope you are able to read this! I sympathize with your situation; like you, I have rotten eyes.

Your ophthalmologist sounds awfully conservative. Unless you have a complicating condition that you didn't mention, I'm puzzled why he didn't recommend surgery sooner. My ophthalmologist agreed that surgery was warranted well before my vision was too degraded to allow me to read - I had it done when the cataract began to impact my distance vision.

Anyhow, it sounds like you now have the surgery scheduled. Good luck with it, and be optimistic - I have had cataract surgery in both eyes, and for me, it wasn't any more difficult than having a dental cavity fixed. Your vision will be markedly better as soon as the procedure is completed.

Last edited:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Harry, my dad had cateract surgery (both eyes), and he said the vast majority of outcomes are generally splendid. Afterwards he siad the girls in the mall looked prettier but more importantly he was finally able to spot the mold on old leftovers in the fridge. Get well soon.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Koopman:

Hope you are able to read this! I sympathize with your situation; like you, I have rotten eyes.

Your ophthalmologist sounds awfully conservative. Unless you have a complicating condition that you didn't mention, I'm puzzled why he didn't recommend surgery sooner. My ophthalmologist agreed that surgery was warranted well before my vision was too degraded to allow me to read - I had it done when the cataract began to impact my distance vision.

Anyhow, it sounds like you now have the surgery scheduled. Good luck with it, and be optimistic - I have had cataract surgery in both eyes, and for me, it wasn't any more difficult than having a dental cavity fixed. Your vision will be markedly better as soon as the procedure is completed.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Darn Harry... I thought you were finally in the clear. Best of luck with the surgery, friend.

Ed Z