FS: Stahl Headers

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Selling these Stahl Headers.. not in bad shape, no cracks, coated (dont know what the PO used). I havent measured the size, but M30 Stahls only came in 3 sizes ( if I am not mistaken). 20190202_130019.jpg 20190202_130004.jpg 20190202_125911.jpg 20190202_125859.jpg 20190202_125847.jpg 20190202_125835.jpg 20190202_125805.jpg Going a different route on my B35.

$600 plus shipping. Local pickup in OC as well.

ahab

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those appear to be NOS, never installed. There are no marks on the flanges from tightening down the nuts, nor any carbon in the ports. Having bought a couple sets of these things brand new I'm going to say that's the Stahl factory paint. They should be coated before use to prevent rust (AMHIK) but these in this condition are about as rare as it gets. And an O2 sensor bung to boot! I need another set of these like I need another hole in my head but this set is very tempting. GLWS, I really hope they sell quickly.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
B2CB68DF-F26D-4F5C-9FFB-D2B4AD741198.png
A3ABB9A4-776C-4DF7-983B-3A4CBE383729.png
Those appear to be NOS, never installed. There are no marks on the flanges from tightening down the nuts, nor any carbon in the ports. Having bought a couple sets of these things brand new I'm going to say that's the Stahl factory paint. They should be coated before use to prevent rust (AMHIK) but these in this condition are about as rare as it gets. And an O2 sensor bung to boot! I need another set of these like I need another hole in my head but this set is very tempting. GLWS, I really hope they sell quickly.

Carbon in the intake and

I don’t think so......

ahab

Site Donor
Reaction score
Fair enough, however I did say "appear", since I didn't bother downloading and resizing the photos. That is also very similar gray paint to how they shipped new but they are definitely not NOS.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree with Stan - this is an excellent price and they are in very good condition. best guess is that they are 1 3/8" primary tubing ... which is perfect for a stock to mid build m30.

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hate to be a wet blanket and will take a hard slap on the wrist if I am wrong but I do not believe those are Stahl headers. Stahl did not use "cut outs" on his mounting plates. They were totally oblong with square edges all around. . I have a set matching the set shown laying around and know for sure they are not Stahls. Stahls also have an embossed tag welded onto one of the primaries stating various info and the Stahl name as well. I believe these to be a set of long tube headers Bavarian Auto Sport sold back in the day. They are almost identical to Stahls and were highly regarded so no problem using them. The set pictured appears to be an e12 configuration and should fit an e9 perfectly. They are still well priced for the quality of what they are.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I hate to be a wet blanket and will take a hard slap on the wrist if I am wrong but I do not believe those are Stahl headers. Stahl did not use "cut outs" on his mounting plates. They were totally oblong with square edges all around. . I have a set matching the set shown laying around and know for sure they are not Stahls. Stahls also have an embossed tag welded onto one of the primaries stating various info and the Stahl name as well. I believe these to be a set of long tube headers Bavarian Auto Sport sold back in the day. They are almost identical to Stahls and were highly regarded so no problem using them. The set pictured appears to be an e12 configuration and should fit an e9 perfectly. They are still well priced for the quality of what they are.

Yes... You are being a wet blanket

#1. These are sold
#2. These have a clearly visible Stahl tag
#3. I've head multiple sets of Stahl headers and they all have the cutouts that you are referring to
#4. Your headers (that you identified as Stahl) had the same cutouts: https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/headers.25013/

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Bert,

I am no expert on Stahl Headers but they are stamped faintly on the intake manifold mounting plates also the from the ones I have seen the connecting ring near bottom is also consistent with the Stahl. Mounting plate and mounting plate welds consistent with the stahls I have seen. 20190204_144449.jpg20190204_144415.jpg20190204_144312.jpg20190204_144307.jpg

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
20190204_145310.jpg 20190204_145326.jpg 20190204_145344.jpg

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Bert,

Here are the ones you posted in 2017, I think mine are identical to yours with the same mounting bracket and lower retaining ring.

Best,
AJ20190204_145925.jpg

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
More than willing to take a spanking when wrong. But the set I have that matches did not appear to be Stahls, but are more than beat up. As to my description of the mounting plates, give an old guys memory a bit of slack.. However I do wish to apologize as I certainly meant no harm . I will send pics of the set I have later. Maybe I am lucky and have something better than I thought although they have been patched so many times they are very ugly. Again my apologies and hope I didn't make a total ass of my self which I have been known to do. The set I have doesn't have the Stahl tag so I just assumed Bavarian, and are in vile condition to put it nicely. I only bought them for a pattern should I find some small local shop who could handle duplicating them. Otherwise they will hang on the wall as another one of those reminders.

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
More than willing to take a spanking when wrong. But the set I have that matches did not appear to be Stahls, but are more than beat up. As to my description of the mounting plates, give an old guys memory a bit of slack.. However I do wish to apologize as I certainly meant no harm . I will send pics of the set I have later. Maybe I am lucky and have something better than I thought although they have been patched so many times they are very ugly. Again my apologies and hope I didn't make a total ass of my self which I have been known to do. The set I have doesn't have the Stahl tag so I just assumed Bavarian, and are in vile condition to put it nicely. I only bought them for a pattern should I find some small local shop who could handle duplicating them. Otherwise they will hang on the wall as another one of those reminders.

I certainly appreciate your insight and no harm no foul.