That “famous” German e9 convertible can be yours...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We’ve seen it around for while and it is now for sale. Not my cup of tea but it will be interesting to see what it goes for.

Last edited:

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Been for sale or flipped so many times.

The engineering of the top is pretty awesome. Interior way too much junk. And who knows of the chassis was stiffened enough???

C-pillar one of the best features of the coupe. Kind of like chopping off the top of a Merc Gullwing.

Still, if I had the money, I'd have a stable of E9s and this would one be one of them (and of course, I'd gut the interior and make it all stock).

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
Have to say I like the way he implemented the economy gauge and 80s warning lights/SI indicator into the dash cluster. Shane about the OBC mounting. It's definitely an interesting one for sure but as with so many others, the pillars and roof line are such a style feature of the coupe.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BMW had a chance to have Baur build full Cabriolets & declined. Some think Coupes are flexible with the roof. Veronika my 1968 1600 Cabriolet is another level of flexible. It's actually worse than my ex-1933 Packard Twelve Convertible Coupe Roadster which I thought set the flexible standard.

Pammy's July 27 2020.jpeg
413FEAAF-626D-4A44-A76E-A9A50C0FCB9F.jpeg

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would not consider it without pictures of the body reinforcements.

If it was really done by Karmann, they should knew in 1974 how to make convertible with stable chassis.

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would not consider it without pictures of the body reinforcements.

If it was really done by Karmann, they should knew in 1974 how to make convertible with stable chassis.

There's some pretty hefty reinforcements in the rear door panel areas it would seem.

They should have also have known in 74 how to make a car that couldn't be heard rusting on a quiet night!

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe I''m wrong but the roof flap and the roof shape brings E30 convertible to my mind. Coincidence?