Seat Options for E9

nobrakese28

Reaction score
Hello, its been a few years since I have posted. The time has come to get the 1971 Polaris 2800CS back on the road.

I was hoping a few folks could share some photos of their E9 seats. I know the go to is a Scheel, just like the CSL. I think they look great, but they look a bit cumbersome to enter/exit, especially with the wife in a skirt. I would like keep the car period correct, but just need some help understanding the options that existed in the early 1970s.

The car has its original blue interior, what ever seat I go with, I would like to have it match my blue leather interior.

Thanks,

Marco

Attachments

• IMG-0980.jpg
    IMG-0980.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG-0981.jpg
    IMG-0981.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 150

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
where are you located? I might have a set of blue seats for sale
They are done in vinyl but they look great, and are like new

nobrakese28

Reaction score
where are you located? I might have a set of blue seats for sale
They are done in vinyl but they look great, and are like new
Hi, located in Los Angeles, Ca. Looking for something sportier than stock. Thank though!

nobrakese28

Reaction score
Popular e9 seats:

• e21 Recaro
  • e24 Recaro (pre-1983)
  • Recaro LX
  • Scheel 400
  • Scheel 100
  • Scheel 300
Thank you Markos! I will look into some of the options, the Recaro's can be purchased new, but they only come in black color combinations!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get rid of your stock seats.

I plan on eventually putting in some Recaro LX (w/the extendable thigh cushion) in my car since my stock seats (still in excellent condition stock vinyl) has worn springs. However, I hear the hot "quick fix" is for sagging cushions/springs is to put some pool noodles in the springs.

Here are my stock seats that still look great.

Attachments

• 00b0b_ffAL51fJxL5_600x450.jpg
    00b0b_ffAL51fJxL5_600x450.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 00n0n_frqVoU4il6E_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_frqVoU4il6E_600x450.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 152

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't get rid of your stock seats.

I plan on eventually putting in some Recaro LX (w/the extendable thigh cushion) in my car since my stock seats (still in excellent condition stock vinyl) has worn springs. However, I hear the hot "quick fix" is for sagging cushions/springs is to put some pool noodles in the springs.

Here are my stock seats that still look great.
a little off topic, I think the seats only came in leather and cloth (Euro) not vinyl
I had my seats re-stuffed a bit, so I had a look in them
Only had the front seat lowers done
There is foam next to the leather that gives it the 'detail' shape, and then rubberized horse hair for the springiness
I tried ordering some new horse hair and it was useless, so the guy used foam

Alejandro Giraldo

Reaction score
Lovely car Marco
Indeed will be much nicer with a fresh seats and if you can get something a bit sportier will be great
I have the same dilema on my car and in the mean time I have an spare set of Classic Recaro seats that I am sure will do the job fid now but I am looking for a nice scheels seats as well as my car won't be stock but a bit more agreessive

Here is what I have original leather and never redone in near perfect condition

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525_200341.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525_200341.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 153

nobrakese28

Reaction score
Lovely car Marco
Indeed will be much nicer with a fresh seats and if you can get something a bit sportier will be great
I have the same dilema on my car and in the mean time I have an spare set of Classic Recaro seats that I am sure will do the job fid now but I am looking for a nice scheels seats as well as my car won't be stock but a bit more agreessive

Here is what I have original leather and never redone in near perfect condition
Beauties.

Alejandro Giraldo

Reaction score
My 2002 also got the same type and they are in the same condition and they look great on the car! Apart from the fact that they are extremely confy

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210525_230156.jpg
    Screenshot_20210525_230156.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 137