Anyone familiar with Classic Legends in the UK?

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

Yes I know Mr Dominik Kwiatkowski and Classic Legends and its not good news.
I purchased an E9 in 2018 sent it to Classic Legends for full restoration and after many emails, phone calls and face to face meeting I was hoping to collect a completed car in July 2021.
In July I was handed back a shell, engine, gear box and four wheels so we could roll it onto the trailer. All the parts associated with my car delivered to Classic Legends in 2018 were meant to be gathered up so I could collect them in roughly a month's time, late August.
My parts and Dominik have since completely disappeared and I have reported him to the local - Northampton police who unfortunately advised me that other people have had their car and a large deposit stolen by him. The Police believe he is in Poland but he's family is in the UK, meaning there is hope he will return to the UK.

As per his Classic Legends website they have moved there place of business from 106 Washbrook road to Unit 1 Portland road and as per UK government website the company hasn't dissolved.
I think Dominik is possibly selling off my parts and possibly other stolen parts. My seats where refurbished in a dark blue Connally leather, I sourced the leather and sent it to him some time ago if anyone comes across the seats.

Please stay clear of this guy and his company.
Thanks.
IMG-20181108-WA0001.jpg

Dominik Kwiatkowski
IMG-20181030-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20181030-WA0031.jpg

My car in 2018
IMG-20210716-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20210729-WA0015.jpg

My car in July 2021 prior to fitting four wheels!!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the reason I posted the question. I was contacted by a guy on Instagram asking if I knew of Classic Legends or Dominic. He's reaching out to anyone with E9's or cars that may be related to his work/shop in hopes of tracking him down. Apparently he commissioned Dominic to restore his 2002 Cabriolet and he stole it. I think we need to use the classic BMW forums to track this guy down.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Anyone know of this shop or Dominik Kwiatkowski?

I took our cars their for some estimates from him

His prices where so low for the work
It set off alarm bells

He has used our cars on his website with out our permission and he has ignored all our phone calls and our Solictor has sent him letters to remove our cars from his website and he’s ignored these requests also

We did purchase a full exhaust system off him, off eBay and it has not fallen to bits … thank god

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
I took our cars their for some estimates from him

His prices where so low for the work
It set off alarm bells

He has used our cars on his website with out our permission and he has ignored all our phone calls and our Solictor has sent him letters to remove our cars from his website and he’s ignored these requests also

We did purchase a full exhaust system off him, off eBay and it has not fallen to bits … thank god
Which one of the cars on his website are yours and when did you get the exhaust some time last year?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The two white ones ie one with the front wind splitters on aka bat look alike and the other white one with CMJ 316L reg

We purchased the complete exhaust system off him about 14/16 months ago

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't suppose these are yours by any chance? Been up for sale for a while.

Heard plenty of things about this individual from many people. I hate to see this happen to such a tight knit group especially with so many of us UK owners being in constant contact with each other. Luckily there are trusted people and shops in the UK. Hoping you get your items back

Screenshot_20211012_194620_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
The two white ones ie one with the front wind splitters on aka bat look alike and the other white one with CMJ 316L reg

We purchased the complete exhaust system off him about 14/16 months ago
Thanks Sandhu for the reply. I purchased my S.S exhaust from Fitzbits in Jan 2020 and had it delivered straight to him as at that time he was working to a spring 2020 completion date!! Knowing him, he possibly sold you mine and replaced it at a later stage. His some boy!!

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't suppose these are yours by any chance? Been up for sale for a while.

Heard plenty of things about this individual from many people. I hate to see this happen to such a tight knit group especially with so many of us UK owners being in constant contact with each other. Luckily there are trusted people and shops in the UK. Hoping you get your items back
Not sure as I never saw the completed seat, I just sourced the leather and sent it to him.
Its hard to tell if thats my leather from the imagine, but there is a possibility that it is. The leather was called Maserati Blue 1545 from Connolly brothers.
Sorry, where and who is selling the seats, is that someone on facebook?
PS, I had a full set, front, back & head rests and door cards.
cheers

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure as I never saw the completed seat, I just sourced the leather and sent it to him.
Its hard to tell if thats my leather from the imagine, but there is a possibility that it is. The leather was called Maserati Blue 1545 from Connolly brothers.
Sorry, where and who is selling the seats, is that someone on facebook?
PS, I had a full set, front, back & head rests and door cards.
cheers

51FFC444-7F4C-4CD2-999C-5FAB380A5EFB.png

F647AD2F-4FC8-4169-82DC-3049115924B9.jpeg

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tony Soprano says no problem as long as the family is in the UK.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 128545

View attachment 128546
I guess that answers that question, ill call off the dogs so!
Many thanks for the support and reply.

Someday

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

The local police cannot press chargers against Dominik until they speak to him and I cannot move forward on this until he is located, bit of a catch 22 situation.
If any of you possibly have info on his current location or come across any info that maybe linking to him that would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully the attention to detail - shared info amongst us is going to trip him up, liking trying to sell seats with my leather on it - Connolly Maserati 1545 Blu.

Dominik was recently trying to sell his car which is quite unique with a bespoke rocker cover;
Picture2.png

Picture3.png

Classic Legends Instagram account, in January this year mentions possibly sourcing / dealing with 8 x E9 which will create quite a sizable foot print. In the summer prior to his disappearance there was still quite a few cars under his control, so again hopefully these items should l led to something.
Picture4.png

If he has gone back to Poland for a period as per what the Police told me, maybe these car / parts will start to appear on Polish - Germen market, again something to keep an eye on.

Is there anyone in the Rushden area that could stick there head in door of;
Unit 1 Portland road · Rushden · NN10 0DJ and maybe see a few E9 lying around collecting dust??

Many thanks to you all for your feed back / support.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All,

The local police cannot press chargers against Dominik until they speak to him and I cannot move forward on this until he is located, bit of a catch 22 situation.
If any of you possibly have info on his current location or come across any info that maybe linking to him that would be greatly appreciated.
Hopefully the attention to detail - shared info amongst us is going to trip him up, liking trying to sell seats with my leather on it - Connolly Maserati 1545 Blu.
Well the UK pressed charges against the three Russians that did the Novichok poisoning in Salisbury without ever talking to them. Not that it helped the UK get them...
Eight stolen E9s? I would think Paraguay, the country where its President drove a 1999 stolen BMW, is a location of interest.
You may need Interpol, not just your local inspector Clouseau to recover from Paraguay.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
How can such individuals live with themselves. Sadly, this kind of crime is not punished to the extent we all think it should be. What a SHPOS (subhuman POS).

When I was in college in Manhattan, some guy would access dorm rooms via the fire escape and steal stuff. I saw him once in action and called the NYPD. They said he would be out in 20 min and if I actually pushed him off the fire escape, they would look the other way! Sounds like the type of plan needed here.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
local police cannot press chargers against Dominik until they speak to him
How terrible!

So at this point the UK police can only investigate, regardless of evidence?

Here in the USA, charges can be brought without talking to the accused, so long as enough strong evidence exists ( the accused is still presumed innocent unlras convicted in a trial).

I suggest you get together with the other people who have been cheated, write up your cases and submit to someone higher up in your law enforcement or criminal judicial system. keep at it and eventually you will find someone who cares about catching non-violent criminals.
John

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Owner of classic legends is a member on this forum ,

Friend of a friend says !!!