ceylon 1973 csi on BaT

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm not going to buy it ... just thought i would put in a hopeful bid. i've been outbid and not going in any further. but in a quick look, i like what i saw ... and oh, i like ceylon. there are a lot of little things wrong, but haven't seen too much that couldn't easily be fixed

Last edited:

m5toureg

Reaction score
Oldendaal restorations usually have ,a lot of little thing's wrong’…..
still, very nice car…. good buy then, better sale now….(?)
seems obvious (to me)……good luck, it is a free world….

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the best kind of project is the car with a bunch of “little things wrong”. The car runs and drives fine, but needs minor corrections from an enthusiast to take it to the next level. Many members on here buy cars like this (generally not e9’s). They turn them into something really special.

I wish I had the opportunity to get a car like this. Instead, I’ll always be dealing with the “everything is wrong/neglected/broken” type of projects. :D

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you look at the seller's history, he's not hurting for funds. Spent ~2m on BaT cars. Doesn't seem like the type to cut corners on anything required. Only visual thing I see painfully wrong is the clashing gold centered bbs wheels. Silver would look soooo much better. Regardless, the car will find a buyer. It's getting close to what he paid for it with 6 days left. Here is the previous auction. The 16" Alpinas look nice. The Weds would also look nice...

Last edited:

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
If you look at the seller's history, he's not hurting for funds. Spent ~2m on BaT cars. Doesn't seem like the type to cut corners on anything required. Only visual thing I see painfully wrong is the clashing gold centered bbs wheels. Silver would look soooo much better. Regardless, the car will find a buyer. It's getting close to what he paid for it with 6 days left. Here is the previous auction. The 16" Alpinas look nice. The Weds would also look nice...

He’s not at all!

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
For E9 expert this car is for complete restoration as due to the chrome condition but - what is most important - paint bubbling. Body repair looks to be performed only for sale and car was not correctly prepared for it in the past.

For E9 newbie is just a fun car for daily driving.

It's tidy enough for this purpose and should be for some years.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Color matched BBS Style 5’s are all the range! :D

I kid, these wheels are in Australia now.
048CA24A-0DB8-453E-BF88-31D8C54F98CA.jpeg

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Color matched BBS Style 5’s are all the range! :D

I kid, these wheels are in Australia now.
View attachment 133743
One of the hardest wheels to keep clean, I had black (especially hard to keep clean), & polished lips like yours color matched to my old e34 and man did I hate cleaning those things....LOL. Hate might be a strong word, I liked detailing my cars but it sure was a lot of work.....no doubt.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cars in the garage tend to become shelves. My 2002 has a BMWCCA cover on it and the trunk is covered in polishing and cleaning towels. The roof has Mercedes parts and the hood has fishing hats...