Only CSL factory Rally Car - Griot’s cover car

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
Thought people might be interested in this video of what they are calling the only factory rally CSL.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thought people might be interested in this video of what they are calling the only factory rally CSL.

Cool thanks for sharing! It is a beauty! Calling it that because that is what it is. :D

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
They are not "calling it" the only BMW factory/works Rally CSL, I am doing so, as are the mechanics who worked in Motorsport when it started in 72 and the mechanics who worked exclusively for the Rallye department, oh yeah and the drivers who drove it.

Last edited:

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
They are not "calling it" the only BMW factory/works Rally CSL, I am doing so, as are the mechanics who worked in Motorsport when it started in 72 and the mechanics who worked exclusively for the Rallye department, oh yeah and the drivers who drove it.
Sorry if I ruffled feathers. I’m just so used to inaccurate information on these cars, and being a novice, I didn’t want to purport any facts I had no idea about. I don’t doubt the claim is accurate. Cheers.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Video made my day. Was I the only one who got goose bumps at the end?
@BMW Pete hope to see you or your car(s) at the
Forest Grove Concours in July.

Last edited:

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry if I ruffled feathers. I’m just so used to inaccurate information on these cars, and being a novice, I didn’t want to purport any facts I had no idea about. I don’t doubt the claim is accurate. Cheers.
No worries at all, I completely understand, I to am tired of inaccurate info and so called "internet authorities", so if you did not know, yours was a reasonable statement. But the net is the net and these things stay somewhere up there in the clouds - I know not where - therefore if you don't correct them, that then becomes part of its story.

I will say, those that know me know, I do a ton of research before making any claims, then I put it out to the experts (the real ones) to check and double check my conclusions, before I would make a claim such as above, or in fact any claim. The history of these cars is too important for me to not do so.

Last edited:

Klassic

Reaction score
Wonderful story Pete, with a very fitting conclusion to its life journey. Getting the historical footage and photos is simply fantastic.

Thank you for sharing this, we crazy "e9ers" dine out on this stuff. To me the stories (particularly relating to race cars) the personalities / drivers results etc are what gives real texture to this sphere of interest.

shanon

Reaction score
Yeah, she's got a nice....er..'tail' ;)
20160820_095941.jpg