Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1980 M1 - Gooding Pebble Beach 2023 - SOLD $478,000

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great list. Thank you Scott
thanks Bo ... thought it was something worth keeping track of ... especially for people who are 'kind of in the market' i am looking for a decent e21 b6 or c1 ... but not really a e30. so i thought i would keep other people posted in case they are trying to keep tabs on the market

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
hi Chris,

The auction has an estimate of 90k to 110k which is lower than what BaT might bring ... but its no reserve. i prefer e21 and have been following them more than e30. the 2.7L m20 is a little different than most B6 being a 2.8L with the m30 engine. this was a Japan only model from Alpina to meet emissions regulations.

i have seen an e21 B6 sell at Sotheby Miami (10/22) for $67.2k which i thought was low. BaT had e21 B6 sell for 141k (very nice car) earlier this year and a e30 B6 sell for 81.5k. the high mark on BaT has been about 175k for the e30 B6.

this seems like a nice car but it really depends on who is in the room and on-line at the time. it could sell for 75k and it could just as easily sell for 125k. it all depends on the documentation ... was it built by Alpina in Buchloe? generally the B6 was. i have not seen any documentation on the car.

CTCe9

Reaction score
hi Chris,

The auction has an estimate of 90k to 110k which is lower than what BaT might bring ... but its no reserve. i prefer e21 and have been following them more than e30. the 2.7L m20 is a little different than most B6 being a 2.8L with the m30 engine. this was a Japan only model from Alpina to meet emissions regulations.

i have seen an e21 B6 sell at Sotheby Miami (10/22) for $67.2k which i thought was low. BaT had e21 B6 sell for 141k (very nice car) earlier this year and a e30 B6 sell for 81.5k. the high mark on BaT has been about 175k for the e30 B6.

this seems like a nice car but it really depends on who is in the room and on-line at the time. it could sell for 75k and it could just as easily sell for 125k. it all depends on the documentation ... was it built by Alpina in Buchloe? generally the B6 was. i have not seen any documentation on the car.
thanks scott, appreciate the perspective: these alpina's seem to be quite tricky given the varying degrees of provenance, equipment, and where the work was done. But their rarity and performance characteristics remain uber intriguing I aasume you've seen this one: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/bmw/alpina/2683076.html

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1938 - 328 special competition - Southeby's Monterey 2023 - Saturday 19 Aug 2023 - must not of sold / Reserve not Met, now with asking price of $1,700,000

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have updated the auction results for all of the results from the Monterey auctions. there were some bargains here compared to BaT for lesser priced cars like the 2002tii, the Alpina C1 and the B6 (wish the auction house would have provided the provenance docs from Alpina)

Last edited:

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
Interesting to see the m1 so low. A few years ago this car would have fetched 600 to 750k at a high point in the market. I think this help demonstrate the market weakening for classic Bmws. I think the e9 has seen this for sure.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can someone post the Bavaria that did not make reserve at Mechem Harrisburg? I searched but could not find it. Thanks