wanted: isulation 51481810724 for engine bay

Ulrich 3.0 CSA

Well-Known Member
Messages
232
Reaction score
112
Location
Germany
Hello E 9 drivers,

I am searching for isulation 51481810724, NOS. No repro part please.
Any offers welcome.

I enclose a foto of an CS Werke repro part -because of better recognition.

isulation.jpg

Thanks Ulrich
 
Last edited:
very glad i bought mine when i did. it was expensive 5 years ago ... but when the lower firewall insulation went NLA, i grabbed the top piece.
 
At this point, I think you have a choice buy the one from ALVARO in Bogota Colombia because it is thinner or wait and install later when it comes back into stock. It definitely is not in stock with the dealer.
 
I have a new one that has never been installed but because of its age has come apart at the weak spots. With all my travails with heat in Sixto's engine bay, fabbing openings in the firewall and other miscellaneous issues I won't be using it. Glad to sell if someone is interested and want honest pictures. In all honesty I prefer a US delivery and someone that is going to use it on their Coupe.
Regards, Jon
 
I have a new one that has never been installed but because of its age has come apart at the weak spots. With all my travails with heat in Sixto's engine bay, fabbing openings in the firewall and other miscellaneous issues I won't be using it. Glad to sell if someone is interested and want honest pictures. In all honesty I prefer a US delivery and someone that is going to use it on their Coupe.
Regards, Jon
It should be possible to stiffen up your insulation with some sort of fiberglass mesh, either sewn or glued to the back side. Not for concours restorations of course. There's such a drought of replacements someone will be interested.
 
that is the set from Alvaro (oilsdesigngroup.com) ... Alvaro sells it for $400 and max sells it for $539 ... who would you buy it from? support Alvaro and buy direct. the picture is exactly the same.

1787415094058.png
 
Last edited:
the CS Werk piece is 220 euro - it appears to be thicker and has an adhesive back. don't think the original had adhesive, just hooked on top of the firewall and covered by the firewall top seal.

1787414925803.png
 
Buy the lower pieces from cswerke

The upper piece I would buy only from BMW if/when it comes back in stock.

Better to go without than install the others.
 
Mr Fixity,
I'll just leave this open. It's in decent shape and it won't take much to hang it on the firewall of a stock Coupe.
Regards, Jon
 
I had ordered the cs-werke upper (and lower) ones and they were VERY thick, and also didn’t have all of the holes cut through them on the upper half - you can compare the two photos and see that there are cutouts that you’ll need to add. Thus Don’s suggestion above about only using the lower, I think
 
I took some pictures of the part. It is a bit rough but with some repair, patience and ingenuity could be made to work. I have no idea of what it should go for or if anyone would want it.
Regards, Jon
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0713.jpeg
    IMG_0713.jpeg
    563 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    586.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    576 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    587.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    585.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    614.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    597.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    583 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0701.jpeg
    IMG_0701.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 48
Well I managed to get in my NOS store and I do have the top section of insulation with that part number.
The bag does have a minor hole in but appears to be unopened.
Based in the UK.
Haven’t checked rarity or prices yet but wanted to add photos I just took.
@Ulrich 3.0 CSA
@eriknetherlands
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0865.jpeg
    IMG_0865.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    637.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0866.jpeg
    IMG_0866.jpeg
    624.9 KB · Views: 34
i would say that a big number might be 4 digits and probably starting with a 1 - for a big range, i would guess between 700 and 1200. when last sold by BMW, i think they were around 300 bucks.
 
Scott,
So something around XX.XX ? That could make mine worth X.XX no? All kidding aside someone should take mine and repair it if the values for NOS are that high. I should have kept mine sealed in the bag.
Regards, Jon
 
I would say that if it is just broken in half I’m not sure that it truly matters since it’s going to be adhered to the firewall with some sort of adhesive. I suppose for concours car but if it were me and I needed one I would gladly buy yours and just glue the two halves onto the firewall pushed up against one another. It will serve its purpose just fine - and just think, shipping will be cheaper because it will be half the length!
 
Back
Top