Chrome trim cost

63split

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking at a coupe thats going to need paint, and i'm sure the trim needs to be addressed. Do these cars have stainless so that if its in good shape it can be polished, or does it need to be re-chromed or is it cheaper just to buy new.
Any one replaced the trim recently and have some rough cost?
I'm really wondering if it isn't better to buy a really clean driver rather than tackle having to freshen up almost every thing.
Thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Belt trim is solid aluminum. It can be polished and cleared for $350 or so. New pieces around $1800 last time I checked. Don't put old trim on a new paint job.

63split

Reaction score
Belt trim is solid aluminum. It can be polished and cleared for $350 or so. New pieces around $1800 last time I checked. Don't put old trim on a new paint job.

Cool thanks, whats the window trim made of/ cost to replace.
By the way who is the go to parts house for these cars?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Window frames and window sills are chrome plated brass. Door thresholds are stainless and can be polished. OEM parts are BMW only but the online dealers generally offer 15-20% off list, check Penske for prices. I would avoid CSiparts, members here may have good used items.

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Trim polishing

What sort of business can polish the trim? Can you recommend someone in S. Cal? Thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Much discussion here of Dan at Speedway Metal Finishing in Santa Ana, he did my trim.

1979 Ritchey Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
714-542-7778