16" alpina style wheels

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
WTB ONE 16" X 6" or 7" Alpina type wheel..

I have four Alpina type wheels mounted on the car, and would like to have a matching wheel for the spare. Does anyone by chance have one that they would like to sell? IF so, please send me a PM with price including shipping to zip 19382, and a pix if possible.

My current spare is the OE 1974 14" Alpina type with a very poor tire. Before I buy a better 'spare tire', thought I might see if I could get a 16" wheel to match those mounted on the four hubs! (of course I'll still need to buy a tire).

Thanks, and cheers,

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
before you buy a spare 16" wheel, take one of yours off and try to put it in your spare tire well. i do NOT think its going to fit due to the tire width. start by trying to put in a narrower front tire. its not the diameter that is the problem, its the width.

Last edited:

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
before you buy a spare 16" wheel, take one of yours off and try to put it in your spare tire well. i do NOT think its going to fit due to the tire width. start by trying to put in a narrower front tire. its not the diameter that is the problem, its the width.
The same problem with 8” style 5 wheels in my E24. I will put a piece of rubber or foam thick enough to be over the edge of the tire before the carpet mat goes in. I am not sure whether I will raise the whole trunk floor or just the part over the spare. Either way should look good and if I do the whole trunk floor, I am reasonably sure it won’t be noticed

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
we have a fix for that here in CO ;-)