16" Alpina's in Napa.... someone go get them!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I sent the guy an email saying I'm interested but it would be better to just go by and buy the car. 1986 535i w/ 16" open lug alpinas. $800/bo. If someone is willing to go check the car out I'll pay for your time, otherwise you could just buy the car and stick your tongue out at me! ;-)

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/259081317.html

Dan

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Argh! I wish I had a coupled days off, I'd drive down and haul that thing home! Those could end up being free Alpinas... :cry:

MichaelP

Reaction score
I dunno... the car sounds like a nightmare. It's one of the funniest ads I've read in a while. Maybe the wheels are straight:

"It looks like it was in an accident at one time"

"it could be that the clutch is worn, I’m not sure, I never looked at it because it never got worse in the 4000 miles I drove it."

"I patched on the catalytic converter and one of the downpipes. There are still some exhaust leaks."

"I had to replace a window once and there still might be broken glass in the car."

"The cooling fan clutch probably should be replaced, right now I modified it to run constantly with the water pump pulley":shock:

"however it would blow fuses every few days that I used it. I Tried putting a larger fuse in there and it burnt part of the fuse box"

"someone else drove it with not enough coolant in it and it started dumping coolant down by the accelerator pedal. It didn’t have enough coolant because it was overheating from the cooling fan not working. I bypassed whatever it is that is damaged in the dash, and it’s still inside there."

"There is some water damage in the interior, but you wouldn’t know it unless you look at the carpet padding. The floor is just a little harder than it should be. I’ve never noticed a smell from that."

"There are some interior panels that were removed, when I was looking for whatever leaks, and I didn’t put them back on because I lost most of the screws."

"The back of the drivers seat keeps falling off."

"The steering wheel is a little shaky on the highway, especially at 137mph." [137 mph?? And the fan is locked to the waterpump...]

" Some of the tools are in an air vent below the passenger seat"

The brake lights do work properly." [guess he hasn't had a chance to mess around with that yet..]

It goes on and on. I can't stand any more.

kfrito789

Reaction score
I think you just want to pay the guy, drive it to the nearest junkyard, roll the thing on it's roof and take the wheels. 800 sounds like a good deal for 16' rims.

Keith

Shawn

Reaction score
Actually I will bring 4 bricks. Pay him $800 for the rims, he can keep the car and the pink. He doesn't even have to worry about the smog cert.

Malc

Reaction score
Buy it for the

1... Wheels
2... Overdrive or dogleg box
3... Engine conversion
4... rear electric window motors to replace front ones if stuffed
and finally
5... to really annoy your partner/ neighbours by having a dead car in the driveway :shock:
Malc

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
No annoying here. I work at an auto dismantler and planned on hauling the car straight to the yard, take the parts off I wanted and crush the car. Seller never got back to me even after calling and leaving a message. I assume its gone...

Dan

coupe74

Reaction score
Buy the Alpinas off the car

I got my Alpinas sort of that way. Went to look at an E9 being "sold by the friend of the wife of a drug dealer who committed suicide in jail". The whole damn car was painted flat black including the wheels. Looked like sh--. Gave him $1000 to take the wheels off the car and put them in my truck.