$165,000 2000cs Am I missing Something Here???

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Seems like a silly statement to me
"This truly remarkable vintage racing BMW - perhaps one of the most remarkable ever offered for sale on eBay"

The BMW turbo F1 car I was bidding on last week might have been more remarkable.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Also what makes it the most unique in the world? Is it running a special engine that no one else can ever get their hands on? Is the rollcage made of a material that does not exist any more and can't be duplicated? It must be the Aplina badges that are no longer available from a million Chinese sellers on Ebay. I'm all for having an interesting description for all to read but at what point is it considered just plain old Bullsh*t.

Sad part is the car is just done beautifully and can hold it's own just based on the photos and specs. It really doesn't need a glorified and exaggerated description.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it's a nicely prepared race car done by a shop that turns them out on a regular basis from what I've seen... pretty easy to replicate this for less and make it your "own" but if you've got the money and you don't want to wait?

coupe2800cs

Reaction score
Early E9

It's worth what someone will pay for it... Considering the man hours put into reworking that 39 year old car, premium price for premium work! Someone has that cash to burn, I wonder what the invoices say? A clean solid 2000cs can be had for $2500, nice ones for $25k. Consider this the Full Monty!