1965 3200CS at auction on Catawiki

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful Coupe worth watching. Comments say the Hoffmeister Kink was first used here. Are the tail lights the forerunner of a 2002 Roundie?

Beautiful Coupe worth watching. Comments say the Hoffmeister Kink was first used here. Are the tail lights the forerunner of a 2002 Roundie?

yes,

“La curva de Hofmeister pudo verse por primera vez en un BMW en las novedades que presentó la marca en el Salón Internacional del Automóvil (IAA) de Fráncfort del Meno de 1961: los modelos BMW 3200 CS y BMW 1500 (➜ Leer más: El Neue Klasse de BMW). Y, a partir de ese momento, es imposible imaginar el lenguaje de diseño de BMW sin ella. Hofmeister fue quien dio el visto bueno a esta curvatura, por así decirlo, y quien la integró de forma sistemática en el diseño de los siguientes modelos BMW.“

Hof kink, first seen in 3200cs and 1500, in 1961

this car is very nice when you look at it from side view , very well designed

I am a Dash Afici0nado. That dash is lovely and much more functional than the dash in our Coupes and Bavarias and 2002s with their idiot lights(come on BMW, idiot lights!!) and vinyl and, well, don't get me started.

Look at the dash in any Italian or British car from the same period, 1960s - 1980 and you see a world of difference.

Beautiful!

I've seen (only) one during restoration , with it's skin taken off.

Beneath that seemingly light body, is a frankenstein frame. Massive tube sections, coarse welds looking like they only employed trainees, body accuracy as it was made by a blind toad....

I've never driven one though, and it would surely be a joyfully day if I ever could.

i really like the rear parcel shelf -
1722822121009.png

Back