1967 Bmw 2000 CS - manual - Nebraska

vwsnaps

Reaction score
SOLD FOR $6200 - after being on ebay for 24 hours ( sold OFF ebay but because of ebay )

If i don't get any serious offers / nibbles this weekend.
I will put it on ebay as is - and let it ride without a reserve.
402-671-0355 - TEXT ONLY PLEASE.

Been chasing this for a few years. Finally able to get it this week out of the garage its been sitting in since at least 1997.

I have a VW shop with 5 unfinished VW projects - decided to test market on this car to fund my VW projects.

1967 BMW 2000CS
Vin: 1103090
Manual Transmission.
2.0 weber carb ( someone on here said that is not original )
Non-sunroof
No AC
Tires hold air. ( for how long not sure ) Even have the locking lug lock.
Owners manual is in the car / glove box.
All the trim / carpet - is in the trunk like it should be.
I crawled under it on trailer - not holes in floor boards / rockers. Did not see much in the inner fender wheels either - small flakes in passenger rear inner fender low.
6v -

Might try to start it this weekend. ( update )
I put a battery in it today. Got accessory light on dash - that is it - won't start / crank - power windows fuses have power i hear a click on passenger side very faintly - the 8 fuse box on driver fender - only 3 / 4 of those block have power to them with a test light. The starter has power , the coil has power. That is as far as i have gotten with it today. While it still on the trailer.

The clutch pedal goes to the floor and stays there.

Ive known about this old E9 for a long time. Its been sitting in the back of an older VW mechanics shop since 1997. But everytime I asked It was never for sale. Then I saw someone elses e9 on instagram and decided to stop by there yesterday and he said he would sell it.

Before he changed his mind - I quickly ran to bank pulled out cash - he found title and him and his kids pushed it out for an easy load up on the trailer this afternoon. ( its very unseasonably warm for February )

It seems to be very complete. Didn't notice anything missing - there are even like cargo covers in the truck and all the side trim, etc.

Rust seems to be along edges of the rear fenders - few bubbles here and there around bottom edge of the windows.

rockers looks good - both front and rear strut towers look good.

Passenger upper strut mount area has some bubbles / rust along outer seam.
passenger bottom of windshield - has bubbles around windshield seal.

Luckily there was a spare driver headlight in the trunk and spare grills for that front nose damage.

The rims have BMW caps ( 1 or 2 are missing ) on them not sure what they are - there is a steel spare in the trunk as well. even has keys.. and a title.

IMG_3587_zpswislfl9c.jpg

IMG_3585_zps7qjsvc9e.jpg

IMG_3586_zpsufpezdzc.jpg

Last edited:

vwsnaps

Reaction score
Yep. 5 years ago when I first spotted it i. Would of been in better position to fix / keep.

I got 10+ Vw at my shop that need attention

See what happens with this sale...

m73

Reaction score
To help with your sale, there were three 2000 c/cs cars for sale recently on this forum:

1) NY 2000C/CS project
2) FL 2000C/CS project
3) CA 2000C/CS parts car (parting out)

You may also search eBay or craigslist to gauge the market to help with your sale.

GLWS

Last edited:

vwsnaps

Reaction score
I was told by mechanic I bought it from its 6v 1966 production

How do i tell if it might be 12v ??

Someone on eBay just messaged me and said it should be 12v. It's dark now so I'll have to look at decals and stuff tomorrow

Wasn't sure if there is a way to tell easily

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think it is 12v, don't you have the owner's manual? RealOEM shows 12v bulbs and most electrical is common with 1800/2000 sedans.

vwsnaps

Reaction score
I think it is 12v, don't you have the owner's manual? RealOEM shows 12v bulbs and most electrical is common with 1800/2000 sedans.

Yep in for night. I'll look in the manual tomorrow

I guess I shouldn't believe an old Vw aircooled mechanic ?? :)

He told me 3-4 times it was 6v to warm me to not 12v Jump it

vwsnaps

Reaction score
car sold on ebay for $6200..

today ( well off ebay - over seas buyer )

Thanks for the help guys..