1970 2800 CS from Freeman Motors

Robert A

Reaction score
Kormans removed the heads and replaced the gasket. Thankfully no cracks. Freeman did a valve seat repair, but no flushing of the system. I did come to an understanding with freeman's after I placed a lot of negative reviews and a complaint with the BBB. I was able to get a little less than 1/2 the cost of the repair. No it is off the paint shop.

So here is the next question, considering the car has only 2 very small bubbles since the last painting over 13 years ago. These will be repaired, but should I just do a complete stripping and respray?

Will this give the car extra value worth the added expense.

RO

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So here is the next question, considering the car has only 2 very small bubbles since the last painting over 13 years ago. These will be repaired, but should I just do a complete stripping and respray? ...

My opinion is if you love the color and the paint overall is what you want, then just fix the spots and get them painted to match. If on the other hand, there are other blemishes on other areas then it may be worthwhile to do a bare metal respray.

Give your car a thorough inspection, clearly think about your goals and also get an idea of the cost to get the job done properly. A full, bare metal respray is going to be $10K minimum provided the prep does not reveal any "surprises"